Should Tevez contract be extended

his passing, his play, still as good as any striker around, the ball to milner against arsenal perfect and typical of the guy. He gets the ball and is dangerous, therefore yes to a contract.............

trevorriley said:
his passing, his play, still as good as any striker around, the ball to milner against arsenal perfect and typical of the guy. He gets the ball and is dangerous, therefore yes to a contract.............

exactly............i think he could be one of the best cm in he prem.
hes got the tenacity and the vision.

buzzer1 said:
BOSNIANCITY said:
Tevez should stay before Balotelli, but if Mancini doesn't want Balotelli gone then Tevez should be next in line. I have a feeling he might pull another "I don't want to play" and go golfing again. Lets not forget he could of cost City the title last season, and without him City were just fine in the EPL. The 3-2 at QPR happened when he was subbed off anyway.

Please stop using this Americanism, please for the love of god.

Fucking hideous isn't it.

What is wrong with simply saying "Premier League".

Turned down the contract extension. Good.

Carlos Tevez has ­rejected Manchester City’s offer of a new ­contract.

The Argentine has told the Premier League ­champions that he will see out the last 18 months of his current deal before leaving the Etihad on a free transfer to play for his boyhood heroes Boca Juniors.

Tevez revealed in an ­interview in Argentina that he has turned down City’s offer of a two-year extension.

And after playing his way back into the hearts of the fans after his AWOL antics 12 months ago, the 28-year-old has risked their wrath again by ­admitting he would ­rather have played for Boca in the Buenos Aires derby against River Plate than line up for Roberto ­Mancini’s men against Fulham.

Tevez said: “I’ve got a year left on my contract at ­Manchester City and they want me to sign for two more ­seasons.

“I would prefer to return home, but it is very ­difficult because City won’t let me leave for nothing.

“I will stay in Europe for another two years and then go back.

“Boca’s president always says the door is open for me to rejoin them and I am dying to pull on their shirt once more.

“I want to end my career with them. It is my dream and the dream of my ­family as well. I would love to be playing for them against River Plate. I’d prefer that to City’s game against Fulham.

“But I am under contract and have to be here in England.”

Tevez became a hero at the Etihad when he ­rejected the chance to s­tay with Manchester United to join City in 2009.

But a dispute with ­Mancini over his role as a substitute in a Champions League tie at Bayern ­Munich last season prompted him to decamp back to Argentina and he was fined more than £10million in wages.

Tevez admitted: “I ­almost retired last year.

“I had lost the desire to play and spent time ­crying alone in my room.

“Bad things happened one after the other. I was knocked out of the Copa America with Argentina and I had my dispute with Roberto Mancini.

“I suffered psychologically. I did not want ­anything more to do with football.”

Tevez added: “I am much better now.

“I am winning people over because I began the new season well.

“Although my form dipped, I am on my way back. I have lost weight and I can run faster.”

“I still don’t like being substituted. I am a hot-blooded individual, but at least I now understand the manager’s reasons.

“In the past I used to call him every name under the sun, but now I ­understand he does it for the good of the team.”

It was always looking likely that he'd return home when his contact ended. We knew that in 2009, and as long as he gives his all in these final 18 months then we can wish him all the very best back home with Boca.

Seosa said:
It was always looking likely that he'd return home when his contact ended. We knew that in 2009, and as long as he gives his all in these final 18 months then we can wish him all the very best back home with Boca.

Yep that sums it up for me.

blink922 said:
Turned down the contract extension. Good.

Carlos Tevez has ­rejected Manchester City’s offer of a new ­contract.

The Argentine has told the Premier League ­champions that he will see out the last 18 months of his current deal before leaving the Etihad on a free transfer to play for his boyhood heroes Boca Juniors.

Tevez revealed in an ­interview in Argentina that he has turned down City’s offer of a two-year extension.

And after playing his way back into the hearts of the fans after his AWOL antics 12 months ago, the 28-year-old has risked their wrath again by ­admitting he would ­rather have played for Boca in the Buenos Aires derby against River Plate than line up for Roberto ­Mancini’s men against Fulham.

Tevez said: “I’ve got a year left on my contract at ­Manchester City and they want me to sign for two more ­seasons.

“I would prefer to return home, but it is very ­difficult because City won’t let me leave for nothing.

“I will stay in Europe for another two years and then go back.

“Boca’s president always says the door is open for me to rejoin them and I am dying to pull on their shirt once more.

“I want to end my career with them. It is my dream and the dream of my ­family as well. I would love to be playing for them against River Plate. I’d prefer that to City’s game against Fulham.

“But I am under contract and have to be here in England.”

Tevez became a hero at the Etihad when he ­rejected the chance to s­tay with Manchester United to join City in 2009.

But a dispute with ­Mancini over his role as a substitute in a Champions League tie at Bayern ­Munich last season prompted him to decamp back to Argentina and he was fined more than £10million in wages.

Tevez admitted: “I ­almost retired last year.

“I had lost the desire to play and spent time ­crying alone in my room.

“Bad things happened one after the other. I was knocked out of the Copa America with Argentina and I had my dispute with Roberto Mancini.

“I suffered psychologically. I did not want ­anything more to do with football.”

Tevez added: “I am much better now.

“I am winning people over because I began the new season well.

“Although my form dipped, I am on my way back. I have lost weight and I can run faster.”

“I still don’t like being substituted. I am a hot-blooded individual, but at least I now understand the manager’s reasons.

“In the past I used to call him every name under the sun, but now I ­understand he does it for the good of the team.”

We'll see what happens.

Most will wish him good luck if he keeps his head down and sees out the remainder of his contact. Everyone had enough of the "will he, won't he" talks about two years ago, so he would be well advised to keep his mouth shut and just get on with it for the remainder of his contract.

His attitude is good at the minute, really deserved a goal today for all of the effort he put in.

Not sure how it is good tbh!

In 18 months he can easily leave and go to any team he wants, he can go to Boca once he has had another 2-3 year contract elsewhere!

I would imagine we are actively looking to sell him if what he is saying is true because he is far too big of an asset to let leave to anyone he chooses!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.