Should we chuck the European Champions League this summer?

They've just had 3 months off, they can easily do a full season now, players are refreshed. We have possibly an extra 3 games, yep gruelling.
I don't think you've thought this one out have you!

It's odd these threads pop up whenever utd get beat. Yep I'll put it out there, any proper city fan wouldn't even think of starting a thread like this.
Asterisks? Check.
Out of the FA Cup? Check.

Come on mate be honest up there in Northumberland, who do you really support?
Good grief. Wouldn't live in Manchester if you paid me.

We are out of the FA cup. Only up side is 1 less game to play. But the EC will be gruelling and, given our draw, very difficult to win. It will take us up to the start of next season with little rest. UEFA will do all they can to stuff us anyway. It will also always have an asterisk - especially if we win it. I am not arsed by it either way. But can see lots of positives to treatingg like pre season friendlies and if we then win it, so be it..

As regards the 'no rest' issue, did I not hear on the news recently that the Premier League may allow Man City, Man Utd. Wolves and Chelsea to start the 2020-21 season a bit later than everyone else?

Not quite sure how that is going to work - especially as regards Chelsea who are unlikely to have more than one more European game anyway.

We are out of the FA cup. Only up side is 1 less game to play. But the EC will be gruelling and, given our draw, very difficult to win. It will take us up to the start of next season with little rest. UEFA will do all they can to stuff us anyway. It will also always have an asterisk - especially if we win it. I am not arsed by it either way. But can see lots of positives to treatingg like pre season friendlies and if we then win it, so be it..

Can we add this loon to the list and rename it The Hateful Nine?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.