Should we swap Fernandinho and Rodri?

I don't know how you can arrive at this conclusion. Of course we miss Ferno in midfield but he is currently the best fit CB (kids excluded)at the club which says a lot about Otto's form at the minute. Rodri would be a disaster at CB alongside Otto, for starters the lack of pace would be alarming.

What conclusion was it that I arrived at btw?

I don't even mention Fernie playing in midfield or moving back to midfield.

the problem is the cover for the center back should be a center back and even if its from the EDS or the youth team, learn your role and work hard in understand it

when your asked to cover a role that is not yours that is when mistakes happen, much like the left back with zinchenko we have got away with it because laporte has been outstanding and the mistakes are easy to recover from, but losing laporte means zinchenko mistakes are highlighted more because the left center back is fernandinho, we have angelino and mendy nearly full fit and match ready so i think when we play one of them in there roles then fernandinho will feel better about playing at center back
Spot on!

And this is the best chance Garcia would have at showing us how good he is. He may never get this chance again.

Playing him now could save us £80m and £300k/wk

Seems a terrible idea tbh given that they are the only two defensive players actually playing well so far. They aren't the problem, it's the clowns around them

Spot on!

And this is the best chance Garcia would have at showing us how good he is. He may never get this chance again.

Playing him now could save us £80m and £300k/wk

yep pep is under a lot of pressure to play the youth and can understand both sides, but losing to wolves on sunday would it have been any worst if we played foden and garcia, ok its easy after the advent and we don't know if both was fit and ready or trained with the first team, but phil foden can not be that far away from playing every week and david silva is coming to a end and the magic is now few and far between and not every game

yep pep is under a lot of pressure to play the youth and can understand both sides, but losing to wolves on sunday would it have been any worst if we played foden and garcia, ok its easy after the advent and we don't know if both was fit and ready or trained with the first team, but phil foden can not be that far away from playing every week and david silva is coming to a end and the magic is now few and far between and not every game
We didn’t even need to play Foden, Bernardo was sat there ready to play and was good when he came on.

We didn’t even need to play Foden, Bernardo was sat there ready to play and was good when he came on.

yep after the lord mayor's show and all that, its easy to say he or they should have started but we back pep to the end, and after the 2 seasons we just had how can you say he got it wrong, losing now and again does wonders and brings you back down to earth and sometimes brings unity back the squad, at the start of the season it would have been a very big ask to win the title again this season, kompany leaving was a big moment for the club and the defence, then losing laporte even bigger blow then stones and mendy again then add KDB its starts to add up maybe this season will be a test

we are only 8 games into the new season and the winter program is here and 3 games a week and then the Christmas and new year games so nothing is handed out until may and know pep and city we have something up our sleeves the international break comes at a good time for city

At present with the injuries i think its the best option to swap them around. Pep has mentioned that Rodri can play at centre half but maybe he doesnt want to disrupt Rodri settling into the team and his long term position in the squad (ie playing as the pivot)

Was great defensively again today (bar a couple of sloppy passes), would love to see him there again especially in games where we can expect to have 80% possession because I think Fern and Gundo move the ball so much faster than him at CDM.

And for a player who apparently lacks pace, seemed to do pretty well against Zaha.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.