Shower Replacement

I just got an invoice from my plumber, for him and his apprentice (very capable young guy)
$235 per hour

Jesus mate that’s lumpy but if you value your time more you pay up. Pipework isn’t hard it’s just a pain in the arse because water always finds a way out. I’ve done a few fixes here and there and they’re still good.

Where I would always use a plumber is to refit a bathroom or something as I’m useless at tiling and sealing baths / shower trays neatly so best let them get on with it.

All in, materials, shower unit etc. Drain and shower tray in. Cubicle prep done today.
Little note of caution;

My fancy tray (walk in) started to almost overflow after about 3 months. I was thinking oh shit, the whole lot will have to be re-done. The drain hole wasn't a 'hole' as such and i could see no way of unblocking it. Didn't wanna start trying to pull the thing out as it looked attached to the tray.
Rang the fitter and he said 'just pull the little cup straight out and the drain holes are underneath'. No prising out with blunt chisel or screwdriver or special tool. did what he said and bingo, the 'cup' lifted out and half the wife and grandaughters hair was caught in the trap. Pulled it out then put soda and vinegar down to clear it completely.
Not like the old days when a straightened coat-hanger would do the job..

Jesus mate that’s lumpy but if you value your time more you pay up. Pipework isn’t hard it’s just a pain in the arse because water always finds a way out. I’ve done a few fixes here and there and they’re still good.

Where I would always use a plumber is to refit a bathroom or something as I’m useless at tiling and sealing baths / shower trays neatly so best let them get on with it.
I’m a General Contractor, I pay this company tens of thousands of dollars a year, I know what I’m getting and make 12% profit on top of their fee.

I have no end of problem with my shower. Bloody power shower I'm now told my hot water tank is too small for it to operate properly. We are refurbing our shower room and I'm buggered if I'm spending £1000s and end up with a bloody trickle. Plumber says he will fix it by replacing the boiler to a combi boiler and that will allow for a power shower. I'm very dubious. Any views from our resident plumbers?

best thing i ever did was to rip out the old electric shower and stick a thermostaic gas one in,looks tidy with all the workings behind the wall boarding and the controll plate sits flush to the wall,6x4 walk in tray with glass side

Little note of caution;

My fancy tray (walk in) started to almost overflow after about 3 months. I was thinking oh shit, the whole lot will have to be re-done. The drain hole wasn't a 'hole' as such and i could see no way of unblocking it. Didn't wanna start trying to pull the thing out as it looked attached to the tray.
Rang the fitter and he said 'just pull the little cup straight out and the drain holes are underneath'. No prising out with blunt chisel or screwdriver or special tool. did what he said and bingo, the 'cup' lifted out and half the wife and grandaughters hair was caught in the trap. Pulled it out then put soda and vinegar down to clear it completely.
Not like the old days when a straightened coat-hanger would do the job..

I actually mentioned that before it was installed. Not for me, as I'm more Guardiola-inspired. Sound logic. Thanks.

Day 3 of the install, just a few bits and it is done

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.