Shower Replacement

I’m a General Contractor, I pay this company tens of thousands of dollars a year, I know what I’m getting and make 12% profit on top of their fee.

I’m not doubting your prices etc mate just that would be exceptionally expensive per hour compared to here in UK.

I might expect to pay it for an emergency or a single job but as a going hourly rate that’s what £1200 a day? No chance no matter how good they are.

best thing i ever did was to rip out the old electric shower and stick a thermostaic gas one in,looks tidy with all the workings behind the wall boarding and the controll plate sits flush to the wall,6x4 walk in tray with glass side

Same mate although the electric one was useful - but nowhere near as neat as the thermostatic one. Daftest decision I made was putting a towel radiator in there that run off the main heating - that’s never on in the warm months!!! Will replace with electric one at some point.

I have no end of problem with my shower. Bloody power shower I'm now told my hot water tank is too small for it to operate properly. We are refurbing our shower room and I'm buggered if I'm spending £1000s and end up with a bloody trickle. Plumber says he will fix it by replacing the boiler to a combi boiler and that will allow for a power shower. I'm very dubious. Any views from our resident plumbers?
I'm no plumber but i've always found electric showers to be shit.
JUst had new shower fitted and the workings looked like something off the space shuttle. My existing boiler struggles to cope with the hot demand so i'm now getting a better boiler.

I’m not doubting your prices etc mate just that would be exceptionally expensive per hour compared to here in UK.

I might expect to pay it for an emergency or a single job but as a going hourly rate that’s what £1200 a day? No chance no matter how good they are.
I agree that they’re really expensive ($1880 for 8 hrs) this Valley is in a building boom like never before, they only work for contractors. The company they work for is probably plumbing twenty multi million dollar homes at any time, they wouldn’t show up for service work. All the trades are stretched thin as there’s more work than can be handled

I agree that they’re really expensive ($1880 for 8 hrs) this Valley is in a building boom like never before, they only work for contractors. The company they work for is probably plumbing twenty multi million dollar homes at any time, they wouldn’t show up for service work. All the trades are stretched thin as there’s more work than can be handled

Supply and demand. You can’t fault them for that mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.