Shrek. Will he or won't he play?

he will play! however we should just give them a taste of their own medicine. take it in turns to clip rooneys ankle. let him know we are there. make it an intimidating atmosphere and the players get stuck in and it will be very hard for united to turn their poor run of form around.come on city!

cleavers said:
aaron91 said:
Yeah, The Glazers are ruining Man ure, but the sheikh is ruining football itself. I know the top clubs have done their fair share of big spending, but over 200 million in one summer? No mate, my point is, without Shankly, Liverpool wouldn't have dominated football, Without Baconface, nor would have United, without Wenger, nor would Arsenal. But look at us and chelsea, without Abramovich or Mansour they would both be mid table clubs at best. Are you seeing my point? Masses of money in one go only serves to inflate the transfer market, thus making life difficult for smaller clubs, and trying to buy every star player of every team only ruins the overall standard of football and shifts power to the minorities. Spending big used to be considered 50 million in one summer? now thats peanuts, now its 250 million, honestly I back up my point, I hate Florentino Perez, Roman Abramavich and by default then I have to resent the Sheikh, I don't want us succeeding off his money. That's that

Then go, please.

If you are serious, then look at money spent by all those clubs you mention (with the exception of Arsenal) you'll find that all we have done is play "catch up", admittedly quickly, but why shouldn't we be allowed to spend the same as the rest to get there.

They have ALL had £50m per season extra from being in the elite that they organised for themselves (another exception being Chelsea who (like City) weren't able to be there to create their own cartel).

I think you'll fins that Sheik Mansour is in it for the long term, and will build slowly now from these foundations.

Your posts suggest you actually have little understanding of what Mansour is doing with City, and comparing him with Abramovic is well wide of the mark.

Each to their own I guess, blue or not.

Both want to make their teams world beaters and dominate football? What's the big difference. No mate, and to whoever it was above, I'm not talking about handpicking 13 year olds from foreign countries. But players like Nasri, who Wengers team scouted, at age 20, who is a quality player. That is just one example.

Furthermore, your all missing the point, yes the other teams spent big, but they wanted to mix their own talent with a few other quality players, like what baconface did with his golden boys, then he bought the likes of vidic, ferdinand albeit they were expensive. But look at the players City are linked with, Fernando Torres, Steven Gerrard, Cesc Fabregas, Ibrahimovich. Trying to buy a team of world beaters overnight is not how you respectively run a football club, it is disrespectful to try and obtain every clubs star players. Remember when Perez did it a decade ago with Zidane, Figo, ronaldo, Beckham, Carlos etc.? Everyone resented them and hated them, it didn't go to plan either. Now look at us mirroring them a decade later. So don't tell me we aren't going too far, and that the likes of Abramovich, Mansour and Perez aren't ruining football. People on here are arrogant and stupid, and blind as to what the effects of this 'project' will be in the long term. The way teams like Chelsea, Real Madrid and now Man City are going, if more clubs follow suit, football will be destroyed in 10 years time. So try and limit some of the arrogant, and downright ridiculous shit that now plagues these threads every day. I'm more than within my rights to slate what is going on.

From where we have come from the only way to have a chance of competing
with the sky 4 was to have the unbelievable investment we have had.
To suggest otherwise you have got to be living in a parralel universe!
So if you are a blue enjoy it and stop making stupid comments.

aaron91 said:
The way teams like Chelsea, Real Madrid and now Man City are going, if more clubs follow suit, football will be destroyed in 10 years time.

You're no blue, because I know no blues that refer to City as 'Man City' on a City forum, so 'fess up who is your team aaron ?

I'll go....

evens Stoke/Everton

2-1 Arsenal

5-1 United/Spurs/Liverpool

cleavers said:
aaron91 said:
The way teams like Chelsea, Real Madrid and now Man City are going, if more clubs follow suit, football will be destroyed in 10 years time.

You're no blue, because I know no blues that refer to City as 'Man City' on a City forum, so 'fess up who is your team aaron ?

I'll go....

evens Stoke/Everton

2-1 Arsenal

5-1 United
this is my particular favourite

squirtyflower said:
cleavers said:

I'll go....

evens Stoke/Everton

2-1 Arsenal

5-1 United
this is my particular favourite

genius

mcfc01 said:
From where we have come from the only way to have a chance of competing
with the sky 4 was to have the unbelievable investment we have had.
To suggest otherwise you have got to be living in a parralel universe!
So if you are a blue enjoy it and stop making stupid comments.

To the guy above, I'm not a blue cause I call my team by it's name? piss off you goon.

To this comment, didn't everton break the 'Sky 4', haha in reality the top four actually means nothing, Tottenham almost derailed arsenal, and so did aston villa last season, and everton actually did it to liverpool. It's just a stupid term dubbed by sky's joke of a pundit team, do you really think we'll finish in the top four again next season? Unless something crazy happens in the summer again, I don't think we will. other teams are upping their game, and we got lucky liverpool have had a howler of a season. like everton, tottenham, villa we took advantage of an underperforming team and now spuds, villa and everton will up their game next season along with the dippers, we'll be very hard pressed to do it again. honestly, don't believe finishing fourth is the ushering in of a whole new era you all believe it will be, I'll believe it is when we do it twice, not be one season wonders!
Remember where you read this come May 2011, it's not what you think it will be, I've seen it happen before.

aaron91 said:
To the guy above, I'm not a blue cause I call my team by it's name? piss off you goon.

I guess you mean me, and you think I'm a goon. I've only been to Highbury or The Emirates as an away fan, 2-1 was a decent price for Arsenal then ??

Every blue I know refers to 'Man City' as City or Manchester City, they always have, I know NONE that refer to us as Man City. However I know of plenty of none blues who refer to us as 'Man City', exclusively non blues.

I apologise if that doesn't fit with your particular profile of being a blue, but neither do quite a few of your comments in this topic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.