Shreks wounded knee

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Lancet Fluke said:
I'm English but I'm not particularly patriotic and am totally indifferent when it comes to the national team. I'd watch the world cup final, whoever is in it but I'm not arsed if England win it. I hope the City players play well for their respective countries, that's about it.

Im just glad my mates are like me, even my non football mates like the england games, just dont get it when people dont. Always been a rag/liverpool type thing to dislike the national team to me

I don't dislike the national team, just not arsed about them. I also have a bit of a problem with The FA hiring expensive foreign managers to try to buy success. I'm not sure that is what international football should be about and I'm not sure how much of an English victory it would be if they did win it.

Lancet Fluke said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Im just glad my mates are like me, even my non football mates like the england games, just dont get it when people dont. Always been a rag/liverpool type thing to dislike the national team to me

I don't dislike the national team, just not arsed about them. I also have a bit of a problem with The FA hiring expensive foreign managers to try to buy success. I'm not sure that is what international football should be about and I'm not sure how much of an English victory it would be if they did win it.
and our last 3 managers have been born where ?

samharris said:
England for me tbh..I love my country.

Why? and I'm not trying to be arsey or start an argument. The way I see it, I like living in this country and I'm very lucky to have been born in a country that is relatively stable financially and politically but it is just that, luck. To me it is like being proud of the colour of my hair or proud of the size of my feet. I just don't get it. I do realise that I am hugely in the minority and will probably get shit loads of grief.

Lancet Fluke said:
samharris said:
England for me tbh..I love my country.

Why? and I'm not trying to be arsey or start an argument. The way I see it, I like living in this country and I'm very lucky to have been born in a country that is relatively stable financially and politically but it is just that, luck. To me it is like being proud of the colour of my hair or proud of the size of my feet. I just don't get it. I do realise that I am hugely in the minority and will probably get shit loads of grief.

I don't give a toss if you or anyone else supports their national team or not. Personally I am really looking forward to the World cup & will be just as excited & nervous at every England game as I am for any City game. What I can't understand is this glee at other teams players getting injured!

frothy said:
Lancet Fluke said:

When you say our, I assume you mean City not England? I think club football is an entirely different kettle of fish tbh that's why I said "I'm not sure that is what international football should be about ." We know that club football is not about how good an area is at football/coaching and hasn't been for a long time. But I was under the impression that international football was still supposed to be a test of how good each country is at football and coaching football. If we accept that a manager is a vitally important part of any football team then I think it is fair to say that if England win this world cup, a large part of that success belongs to Italy. That's all.

-- Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:16 pm --

Bluesparks said:
Lancet Fluke said:

I don't give a toss if you or anyone else supports their national team or not. Personally I am really looking forward to the World cup & will be just as excited & nervous at every England game as I am for any City game. What I can't understand is this glee at other teams players getting injured!

I am very pleased for you.

All international football means to me is blank weekends during the season, I don't hate England, I just don't care and if we win the world cup I wouldn't really give a shit.

Lancet Fluke said:
frothy said:

When you say our, I assume you mean City not England? I think club football is an entirely different kettle of fish tbh that's why I said "I'm not sure that is what international football should be about ." We know that club football is not about how good an area is at football/coaching and hasn't been for a long time. But I was under the impression that international football was still supposed to be a test of how good each country is at football and coaching football. If we accept that a manager is a vitally important part of any football team then I think it is fair to say that if England win this world cup, a large part of that success belongs to Italy. That's all.

-- Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:16 pm --

Bluesparks said:

I am very pleased for you.
i did mean us yes ,but you cant say you didn't enjoy the time Sven was in charge of England can you ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.