Sian Massey

some people are good liners, some are good refs

In the PL, most are neither

assume she just prefers running the line, which she’s great at in fairness.

Not for me and nothing to do with her as I have no opinion on her ability. I like watching the women's matches but the two are totally different. Men and women are equally different.
Mens and womens football may be different but the job of the referee remains the same. Makes no difference to the game what gender the referee is.

Professional rugby union have female referees and what I watched the Irish lady was impressive.
Saying that she was dealing with big strong hairy arsed men who she respected and they returned the respect.
Football has a long way to go in every aspect of the game, every sport has changed for good but football thinks it's elite and will never be seen as a follower of other sports.
So I don't think there will be a rush to give her a game in the middle ( even bet that if a ref had to go off injured the male liner will get the whistle).

She’s certainly one of the best assistant referees in the league imo. Not sure whether that necessarily means she’d make a good ref though, or indeed if she has any desire to do the job in the first place?
The bar isn't exactly high at the moment ...

I think I once read she was one of the best at calling tight offside correctly. Obviously she was wrong to disallow Micah' s goal whether offside or not.
He was onside from my seat behind the goal.

Googling female refs gave me some snippets of information.
The Bundesliga ref who seemingly led the way had just retired concerned about Coronavirus.
Her partner is a certain Howard Webb
Imagine his pillow talk about the best goals he gave to the rags.
The internet is full of pictures of beautiful refs dotted around the world in leagues l have never heard of but it is hard to get much serious information about women reffing in senior mens football.

Because she wont be accepted by the male players , she has done incredible to get where she is already , out before the mysogony (sp) starts
I'm not sure Kaz, even if behind closed doors they didn't 'accept' her I'm not sure a lot of the players would want to be seen that way in front of the eyes of the world.

A lot of them will have wives and daughters to answer to.

I get your overall point though which is a sad state of affairs........

the way the system works is that once you've passed a certain level on the refereeing pyramid you can choose whether to only referee or only line, after which point you'll never go back.

Are there statistics to verify the claims that she (or indeed anyone) is actually better at making decisions than any peer? Often hear that line trotted out but wondered from where it arose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.