Sian Massey

Sergio should not have done what he did - touching a ref/assistant is not a good look.

However, the faux outrage is ridiculous. If Sian felt that it was a problem - she would have *flagged* it.

She didn`t and had no problem with it.

The mini-witchhunt and OTT reactions by the media stinks of the the Silva and Mendy incidence last year.

Henderson accused the PL of cheating with manipulating the lines drawn when it comes to tight decisions, Surely accusing the governing bodies of cheating? Nowt said in the media.
Nothing in the Sergio incident at all ...... Storm in a B cup

When I listened to the radio yesterday it said.

"David Coote, demoted from the man city v west ham match, Saturday"

And is in all the media this morning.

Do you thi k I am wrong ?
If you are right we are going back to the GPC days. Now its don't upset the dippers or you will be punished

ha ha don’t get me started on Anthony Taylor !

i think the point I was trying to make and probably not making a good job of is referees are human beings, they are not completely sterile, they have emotions. If you look at the song and dance over the Merseyside derby on Saturday, I would say human factors were a big influence. The Jordan Pickford incident is a good case in point, he’s England’s national keeper, he’s been crucified in the media for his recent performances, if I was a referee or VAR ref would I want to make his life worse? No instinctively i wouldn’t. If Van Dijk gets up and walks away it gets forgot about, but the outcome dictated the narrative.
Any ref who thinks like this shouldn’t even walk out of his dressing room...

ha ha don’t get me started on Anthony Taylor !

i think the point I was trying to make and probably not making a good job of is referees are human beings, they are not completely sterile, they have emotions. If you look at the song and dance over the Merseyside derby on Saturday, I would say human factors were a big influence. The Jordan Pickford incident is a good case in point, he’s England’s national keeper, he’s been crucified in the media for his recent performances, if I was a referee or VAR ref would I want to make his life worse? No instinctively i wouldn’t. If Van Dijk gets up and walks away it gets forgot about, but the outcome dictated the narrative.
You should go into every game with an open mind and not pre judge any team/player. However, this is hard to do in reality. I was at a training session once where an ex PL referee said he would always caution a certain player the 1st time he did anything as this got him "off my back". Now is this wrong or is it managing your situation.
I have also showed up at games to hear the comment "oh no not him, he hates us". I can honestly say I have never purposely went into a game favouring one team or another even when I have had a problem previously.
My view on the Pickford incident is that the officials just got focused on the off side & missed the Pickford tackle. This is where the VAR guy should have stepped up but I reckon he was more focused on the off side lines. I honestly think Pickfords problems would not have come into the refs thinking at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.