Sick of minutes silence/applause at football matches

stonerblue

...and saw a game of football break out.

I'm sick of every game these days having a minutes silence before kick-off.
I'm also sick of being asked to applaud for someone i know nowt about at certain points in the match.

Just once i'd like to go to the game and not be reminded of my dead Father, Mother, Sister or close friends.
I wouldn't dream of asking everyone else to join in with my grief.

I went to a funeral last week. Liverpool fc was being mourned at Anfield after Madrid finished off their squad. They died after a long sickness. They survived by bottle throwers and firecracker throwers R.I.P.

I'm also sick of being asked to applaud for someone i know nowt about at certain points in the match.

Just once i'd like to go to the game and not be reminded of my dead Father, Mother, Sister or close friends.

I have the same feelings, it's like being back in school assembly. Armbands need to be sewn into replica shirts they are used that often.

There should only be any silences on:

The weekend of Remembrance Sunday to pay respects to those who’ve died in war (if teams don’t play at home that weekend, they don’t do it on the nearest one to it, they just miss out that year).
This should be a silence as well, not a round of applause.

The final home game of a calendar year to pay respects to any club players or managers or staff and fans who’ve died in that year.

United and Liverpool can tie-in their tragedies into that second one as well and they can have private remembrances for these in their own time. Liverpool lost the allowance to do this when they had their trophy parade on the anniversary of Heysel. Now, no other set of fans should have to observe a silence for Hillsborough with the level of disrespect they showed those that died at Heysel with that parade last year. And even without that, everyone has paid their respects to that many times now and as bad as they were, they aren’t anything to do with any other clubs and should just be private away from the pitch for those clubs now.

There should never be any others.
So when Colin Bell passed away in early January, we should have lumped him in with everyone else who passed away that year on the nearest game to Xmas Day 11 months later?
I agree there are too many - especially for non footballing things like the attack on the twin towers or an earthquake/ tsunami somewhere around the world.
I dread to think what will happen when Bacon and the ticket tout leave us....... I expect every club (certainly PL) will be asked to do a silence which won't go down well in certain stadiums.....

So when Colin Bell passed away in early January, we should have lumped him in with everyone else who passed away that year on the nearest game to Xmas Day 11 months later?
I agree there are too many - especially for non footballing things like the attack on the twin towers or an earthquake/ tsunami somewhere around the world.
I dread to think what will happen when Bacon and the ticket tout leave us....... I expect every club (certainly PL) will be asked to do a silence which won't go down well in certain stadiums.....
When he goes all the PL officials past and present will be there to honour him as a truly great humble man

Couldn’t agree more.

I prefer the minute's applause at a significant time during the match.

Please be kind in this thread as some parents have lost their City supporting daughter and are organising a minute's applause in the sixth minute of the Newcastle game. Details are in the main forum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.