Sick of minutes silence/applause at football matches

I'll be sitting down and not applauding that rag **** Charlton at Old Trafford on Sunday.

That's the right thing to do. Sit down in silence and let those who wish to applaud get on with it.

It's no different from maintaining a respectful silence during another nation's national anthem. It's simply good manners.

All respect ends with kick off.

Global theatre. Global stakeholders. International viewers. We're not little old City. To be honest, I support any connection City embraces towards humanity and respect for the suffering of others or loss of live. We can't all be born lucky enough to walk or drive to Maine Road or the Etihad.

If these little tokens of remembrance or empathy interrupt our 90 minute game, so be it. If they open up conversations or widen perspectives, consider me educated. If they lessen the hate between rivals, is that such a bad thing? Not that I'm advocating friendlier rivalry with that lot over at the scaffolding ground.

There have been times when City showing a message of solidarity with Tianjin in 2015 was odd, but other circumstances of loss of life of over 173 people wasn't noted. Yet, we all expect Remembrance Day, or when a City great passes away. The league stakeholders, or the club did one for John Motson, but other great sports personalities were overlooked.

Conflicts? Peace, banners at games are surely enough. Or the Bees we've had for our own terror victims. Not sure you can have a minute's applause for an ongoing operation that is killing civilians, or a minute of silence. Neither are suitable, surely.

The game, its players, its rulers and masters have evolved. Football maybe our escape but it's a bloody big stage to show X, Y and Z. Just join in when you agree, be respectful of why something is present and debate when the time is right. Then boo the f*** out of U****d.

Global theatre. Global stakeholders. International viewers. We're not little old City. To be honest, I support any connection City embraces towards humanity and respect for the suffering of others or loss of live. We can't all be born lucky enough to walk or drive to Maine Road or the Etihad.

If these little tokens of remembrance or empathy interrupt our 90 minute game, so be it. If they open up conversations or widen perspectives, consider me educated. If they lessen the hate between rivals, is that such a bad thing? Not that I'm advocating friendlier rivalry with that lot over at the scaffolding ground.

There have been times when City showing a message of solidarity with Tianjin in 2015 was odd, but other circumstances of loss of life of over 173 people wasn't noted. Yet, we all expect Remembrance Day, or when a City great passes away. The league stakeholders, or the club did one for John Motson, but other great sports personalities were overlooked.

Conflicts? Peace, banners at games are surely enough. Or the Bees we've had for our own terror victims. Not sure you can have a minute's applause for an ongoing operation that is killing civilians, or a minute of silence. Neither are suitable, surely.

The game, its players, its rulers and masters have evolved. Football maybe our escape but it's a bloody big stage to show X, Y and Z. Just join in when you agree, be respectful of why something is present and debate when the time is right. Then boo the f*** out of U****d.
Stay away from international politics as some issues are clearly manipulated by Western media. Europeans may feel that they are showing a humanitarian spirit, but locals will only feel offended. I don't want to give an example, I hope Manchester City will never make such a mistake.

I see the new tactic for getting complete strangers to clap at a football match for somebodys death is via facebook. Had 3 last week all 'shared' by people who've never been in a football ground in their lives and definitely won't be there at the time.
Leave it out for fucks sake..
We could gauge how popular your opinion is by all switching on and waving our phone lights in the 28th minute on Saturday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.