Sign Honda! Sign Donavon too!

blueprint said:
Are you guys following my posts herein regarding being a genuine WC Football club with an international following and attracting genuine top WC players?

-- Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:25 am --

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Do you just like average players then?

Are you suggesting that Donavon is an average player?
Mind you Capello Index rated Honda highly over a number of England's players.
In a CL match Honda was MOTM did you know that.

Fuck the Capello index!!! That was apile of shit

WOW you mean in a CL match honda was man of the match

You know what im not gonna argue this with you because you obviously quite infactuated with Honda but he wont be at City so no point arguing it

I am suggesting Donavan is average 10 games at Everton proved nothing apart from America he has been a complete flop everywhere else

Fair Enough!
If some of you guys can stop making PUNishing or puny or mini remarks about Honda then. BTW the current generation of Japanese or Asian players have not only the pace & skills but also the size and height to be effective international players.

We should debate on the Asian player or US player merits. Capello index don't lie for instance regarding top WC players especially Spanish players and the Spanish team being Top footballers.

The genuflection by the likes of Sunday Times and its football pundits are very revealing and honest in assessing the quality of our local national team post WC. Admittedly we have overated the current generation of English players and underated our international opponents prior to the WC.
A continual pro British with jingoistic bias will not augur well for future WC performances.
We should start for example by being honest & open. Start by bringing back the Capello Index for the English Players & EPL. I dare you!<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:12 am --<br /><br />
CityPar said:
Isn't he a bit on the Mini side being Japanese? Anyway, I'm sure City wouldn't have the Audicity to gazump this deal. Pity because we're not talking Astranomical figures here.......

Thats one!

Re: Sign Honda!

Currently we need a deep-lying playmaker ( to treplace DJ who is ineffective with Barry & Milner) but can equally play as an attacking midfielder or second striker (false 9) .
Why not Honda. He is also a very skilled free kick taker.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keisuke_Honda" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keisuke_Honda</a>

At the same time gazumped a potential deal ala Nasri

“Manchester United could offer 30-year-old Dimitar Berbatov and around £4m to CSKA Moscow in an effort to sign long-term target Keisuke Honda, 25. The Japanese playmaker is also attracting interest from Arsenal"

Re: Sign Honda!

blueprint said:
Currently we need a deep-lying playmaker ( to treplace DJ who is ineffective with Barry & Milner) but can equally play as an attacking midfielder or second striker (false 9) .
Why not Honda. He is also a very skilled free kick taker.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keisuke_Honda" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keisuke_Honda</a>

At the same time gazumped a potential deal ala Nasri

“Manchester United could offer 30-year-old Dimitar Berbatov and around £4m to CSKA Moscow in an effort to sign long-term target Keisuke Honda, 25. The Japanese playmaker is also attracting interest from Arsenal"

would be a good signing

Have I entered a time warp or something? I can't believe the O.P has brought this back up. If we are going to sign any players, it sure as fuck won't be any of these two.

I'd still have Honda at the club both for football and commercial reasons. He's a quality player and the shirt sales/interest in Japan might pay for Ronaldo in summer. ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.