Signings

wilf9

One more and i would be happy, Another forward is needed, Bellamy wont play 20 games on the spin for us. So that means another is needed for the Uefa and league push this season !!
Who would you get.

wilf9 said:
One more and i would be happy, Another forward is needed, Bellamy wont play 20 games on the spin for us. So that means another is needed for the Uefa and league push this season !!
Who would you get.
If it was 1 more,then for me it would be a centre half,not that there are many class ones knocking about fore sale.

i8therags said:
wilf9 said:
Who would you get.
If it was 1 more,then for me it would be a centre half,not that there are many class ones knocking about fore sale.

Don't need a centre half we have Vinnie for that, With Dunnes suspension you will now see how good he is there

Whilst I'm not disappointed by our 3 signings, we started this transfer window with great hope and excitement. Three weeks on we are now only linked with RSC and Given. One word now, soporific!

wilf9 said:
i8therags said:
wilf9 said:
Who would you get.

Don't need a centre half we have Vinnie for that, With Dunnes suspension you will now see how good he is there
true,but I would have liked 3, Dunne/Kompany/ a other for cover..not richards there or benhiem

I think the lack of activity from us is bordering on the ridiculous! We signed Bridge the 1st weekend of the window and since then we have signed 2 players in the space of almost 4 weeks, im not being funny but without the takeover I would have expected this kind of action! I honestly thought that we would have had 5 or 6 players signed up by now! I said earlier in the transfer window that I believed that City were totally unprepared for the window, they should have had deals pretty much sewn up prior to the window opening and I stand by my comments. I think our movement or lack of in the transfer window has been pathetic! We need at least another 2 players in by the close of the window but preferably 3 or even 4, I just cant see it happening!

OrigamiNinja said:
I think the lack of activity from us is bordering on the ridiculous! We signed Bridge the 1st weekend of the window and since then we have signed 2 players in the space of almost 4 weeks, im not being funny but without the takeover I would have expected this kind of action! I honestly thought that we would have had 5 or 6 players signed up by now! I said earlier in the transfer window that I believed that City were totally unprepared for the window, they should have had deals pretty much sewn up prior to the window opening and I stand by my comments. I think our movement or lack of in the transfer window has been pathetic! We need at least another 2 players in by the close of the window but preferably 3 or even 4, I just cant see it happening!
I was hoping for more,but many teams in history have been transformed with a couple of signings,who knows we may go on a great run and can then cherry pick in the summer when the world class players are polishing there medals and are ready for a new challange...

There are some managers who do all their business towards the end of the window because they feel can get better deals, ie does the selling club want to be left with a disgruntled player on their hands. Alternatively there are those clubs who will hold out till the last minute to force the buying club to up their offer because the buying club do not want to miss out on the player. Brinkmanship pure and simple.

Before the start of the transfer window I think we all would have identified that we needed a left back, midfielder and a striker which is what we have got. I think the fact we haven't had a superstar yet we are, wrongly IMO, disappointed so far. If it was up to me a centre half and I'd be happy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.