Signings

OrigamiNinja said:
I think the lack of activity from us is bordering on the ridiculous! We signed Bridge the 1st weekend of the window and since then we have signed 2 players in the space of almost 4 weeks, im not being funny but without the takeover I would have expected this kind of action! I honestly thought that we would have had 5 or 6 players signed up by now! I said earlier in the transfer window that I believed that City were totally unprepared for the window, they should have had deals pretty much sewn up prior to the window opening and I stand by my comments. I think our movement or lack of in the transfer window has been pathetic! We need at least another 2 players in by the close of the window but preferably 3 or even 4, I just cant see it happening!

stop flapping and get your homework done

bizzbo said:
OrigamiNinja said:
I think the lack of activity from us is bordering on the ridiculous! We signed Bridge the 1st weekend of the window and since then we have signed 2 players in the space of almost 4 weeks, im not being funny but without the takeover I would have expected this kind of action! I honestly thought that we would have had 5 or 6 players signed up by now! I said earlier in the transfer window that I believed that City were totally unprepared for the window, they should have had deals pretty much sewn up prior to the window opening and I stand by my comments. I think our movement or lack of in the transfer window has been pathetic! We need at least another 2 players in by the close of the window but preferably 3 or even 4, I just cant see it happening!

stop flapping and get your homework done

This. We've signed 4 International players (assuming Given is a done deal) who have improved the squad at the back, in the middle and upfront. Where's the problem?

mcfc1996 said:
Before the start of the transfer window I think we all would have identified that we needed a left back, midfielder and a striker which is what we have got. I think the fact we haven't had a superstar yet we are, wrongly IMO, disappointed so far. If it was up to me a centre half and I'd be happy.

Agreed, we have covered exactly where we needed to, left back was key. We do have two superstars already in Robinho and Superman don't forget and two more coming to the fore... Zab and Sturridge.

I now feel we have loads of skill and a complete animal in De Jong to give us real steel. We are building a squad that can final-ly get through tough cup ties at lower league grounds as well take on teams like AC Milan in th UEFA Cup!...if there is a God, we will surely meet them in the Final :-)

OrigamiNinja said:

I disagree with you totally. The fact is the club have been keeping very quiet on their signings unless it has been revealed that they have made a bid, usually by the selling club. We have no idea how many players we have inquired about. All we know is that bids where made for Kaka, Parker, Toure, Santa Cruz and Given. We where unsuccessful for Kaka and Parker, whilst Arsenal had injuries to Gallas etc., which resulted in them turning us down for Toure. I do believe we will sign Given and Santa Cruz, which would make 5 signings, basically half a team. So even if we didn't sign any more I would say we have made good progress this window.

Personally I would be more than satisfied with RSC and Given. I would like to think with those additions we would be able to make 6th or 7th at least in the league. Which, come summer, along with our mega money would be a much more attractive prospect for potential new signings.

In reply to those that disagree with me I am amazed that considering how poor we have been all season that you all believe that the signing of 3 players has turned us into a great team. Yet again its the old City fans mentality of settling for mediocrity, "Oh well we can push for mid table now", what you mean push for mid table with a team that finished mid table last season? I didnt expect is to go out and sign a bunch of World superstars but I certainly didnt think that people on here would be so eager to settle for 3 players, I said months ago that we needed 6 or 7 players to turn us into a team who can genuinely challenge for Europe and most people agreed with me, we have signed half this amount and all of a sudden everyone is happy, it will only take defeat tomorrow night and everyone will be on here saying how we need this and that but people will ignore it for now and think everything is rosy because we have taken 7 points from 3 games!

Its true to say that left back, centre mid and up front were our major weak points but please dont kid yourselves into thinking these were the only areas that needed improving! Yes we have signed a quality left back, we have signed a quality holding midfield player and we have signed Bellamy but we are still short of a top class keeper, we need 2 new centre backs(fair enough 1 if Kompany is going to play there) and I still think despite Bellamy signing we need a new striker!

If RSC and Given signs it will look like a decent transfer window for us and it just about will be but at the moment the signing of these 2 are big if's, if they dont sign are you telling me you are happy to go with what we have got?

OrigamiNinja said:
In reply to those that disagree with me I am amazed that considering how poor we have been all season that you all believe that the signing of 3 players has turned us into a great team. Yet again its the old City fans mentality of settling for mediocrity, "Oh well we can push for mid table now", what you mean push for mid table with a team that finished mid table last season? I didnt expect is to go out and sign a bunch of World superstars but I certainly didnt think that people on here would be so eager to settle for 3 players, I said months ago that we needed 6 or 7 players to turn us into a team who can genuinely challenge for Europe and most people agreed with me, we have signed half this amount and all of a sudden everyone is happy, it will only take defeat tomorrow night and everyone will be on here saying how we need this and that but people will ignore it for now and think everything is rosy because we have taken 7 points from 3 games!

Its true to say that left back, centre mid and up front were our major weak points but please dont kid yourselves into thinking these were the only areas that needed improving! Yes we have signed a quality left back, we have signed a quality holding midfield player and we have signed Bellamy but we are still short of a top class keeper, we need 2 new centre backs(fair enough 1 if Kompany is going to play there) and I still think despite Bellamy signing we need a new striker!

If RSC and Given signs it will look like a decent transfer window for us and it just about will be but at the moment the signing of these 2 are big if's, if they dont sign are you telling me you are happy to go with what we have got?

i tried to read your post but all i could hear was 'flapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflap'

bizzbo said:
OrigamiNinja said:

i tried to read your post but all i could hear was 'flapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflap'

I wish I was as funny as you! How about you tried to read my post but then realised you couldnt read? Admittedly not as funny as your comment but hey I am in the middle of doing my homework!!!!!

I agree with this, we still have almost 6 days left to sign players, MH himself stated would want to sign 5 06 just think the lack of activity at the moment is a concern but the manager has to prepare tema for tomorrows game and then we are into an away game saturday. I suspect and hope the owners will go with the scattergun approach as they did in August to see if any of the clubs want to part with any real stars just before window closes. 3 players is just enough 5 would be better put a top notch player in as well would give the club the impetus to challenge for top six. And no I ain't flappin.

OrigamiNinja said:
I wish I was as funny as you! How about you tried to read my post but then realised you couldnt read? Admittedly not as funny as your comment but hey I am in the middle of doing my homework!!!!!

i like you kid, so i won't lie to you. i didnt read your post, because you are taking the worst case scenario and running with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.