Signings

At least clubs might be realising that we won't pay ridiculous amounts. We probably could have had Villa and Silva but it would have cost us £135 million. Hopefully come the summer certain clubs financial problems will be reaching breaking point and we can bring a few top players in

It could be the shiek is draggin his feet cause they now know they carnt get the players they want and r now waitin for the summer and poss a new manager to go with it (personaly would like hughes to stay)

I don't think MH s position under threat not this season anyway. He has already spent upwards of 130m on new players and if all the rumours and reports correct on this site are true could be set to spend upwards of another 130m. Again D Villa being mentioned he would cost us anything between 50m -90m, Veloso is also being linked at 20m, RSC 19m Given 10m and if you throw in Diego at 26m (85 - 125m)that is all in addition to the 44m already spent. It seems to me to be illogical that having got the players he wants you sack him get in a new manager and start all over again.

Rammyblues said:
It could be the shiek is draggin his feet cause they now know they carnt get the players they want and r now waitin for the summer and poss a new manager to go with it (personaly would like hughes to stay)

I don't think MH s position under threat not this season anyway. He has already spent upwards of 130m on new players and if all the rumours and reports correct on this site are true could be set to spend upwards of another 130m. Again D Villa being mentioned he would cost us anything between 50m -90m, Veloso is also being linked at 20m, RSC 19m Given 10m and if you throw in Diego at 26m (85 - 125m)that is all in addition to the 44m already spent. It seems to me to be illogical that having got the players he wants you sack him get in a new manager and start all over again.
Agreed but we are talkin city here!

i think we've had a cracker during this window! so...who did we NEED...and i meen desparately need? we needed bridge and we needed Kompany at CB. De Jong allows that and Bellamy will score goals, with the form that he's been on. Hughes said he wanted 5 in. Bridge, De Jong, Bellamy, ALMOST KAKA, Given, Toure, RSC, Parker. Lets face it, we've hardly been inactive. Like the others said, you dont build a team in Jan, and we still have Petrov and Bojinov to come and prove themselves worth a place in the team. I think it would've been ludicrous to go out and spend £200 mil in a window without letting your strongest squad possible have a go at the remainder of the season. You dont go winning games 3-0, 3-0, 6-0, 5-1 and beating ARSENAL 3-0 etc with a team full of COMPLETE numpties, there must be somethign clicking somewhere. If you look at the teams pushing the top 4, they are the teams that have kept their managers over the past 4 years or so and have let them slowly build a team with a winning formula. i just hope we do the same thing.

nozza said:
i think we've had a cracker during this window! so...who did we NEED...and i meen desparately need? we needed bridge and we needed Kompany at CB. De Jong allows that and Bellamy will score goals, with the form that he's been on. Hughes said he wanted 5 in. Bridge, De Jong, Bellamy, ALMOST KAKA, Given, Toure, RSC, Parker. Lets face it, we've hardly been inactive. Like the others said, you dont build a team in Jan, and we still have Petrov and Bojinov to come and prove themselves worth a place in the team. I think it would've been ludicrous to go out and spend £200 mil in a window without letting your strongest squad possible have a go at the remainder of the season. You dont go winning games 3-0, 3-0, 6-0, 5-1 and beating ARSENAL 3-0 etc with a team full of COMPLETE numpties, there must be somethign clicking somewhere. If you look at the teams pushing the top 4, they are the teams that have kept their managers over the past 4 years or so and have let them slowly build a team with a winning formula. i just hope we do the same thing.

Post of the day.

dom said:
nozza said:

Post of the day.
Great post but defence is worring me not realy strengthnd it lost alot of points from wining positions still need at least 1 cntr half.Plus not been to good at set pieces when was last time richrds/dunne scored from corner free kick (in right goal) set piecies important now look at villa thats were majority of there points r won everton also

I totally agree and have been sat in my seat over past few seasons, cringing when we get a corner or free kick, knowing that we dont have any penetration from set pieces. Lescott in defence would be a good buy for us, maybe in the summer, he's good in defence at CB and scores from set pieces. I dont think we need to be a team of superstars yet, 1 or 2 will suffice, maybe getting Villa would be enough to pair with Robinho. Like i said in my other post, we have great players to come back and a team that will strengthen over the next few games. The way we defended against a hard to beat wigan team was fantstic last game was immense (apart from a flukey header that zaki then missed). Think big Ned and Vinnie in CD could to wonders for our team. Just wondering whether we drop Micah until he regains his form and have zab in his spot on the right. I can only see this team going up this season and I for 1 think hughes has done exactly what we brought him in to do.

bluemoonmcfc4ever said:
Great post but defence is worring me not realy strengthnd it lost alot of points from wining positions still need at least 1 cntr half.Plus not been to good at set pieces when was last time richrds/dunne scored from corner free kick (in right goal) set piecies important now look at villa thats were majority of there points r won everton also

Effectively we have strengthened the defence with de Jong coming in and Kompgoing to centre half

nozza said:

aha, sense at last. good post

nozza said:
I totally agree and have been sat in my seat over past few seasons, cringing when we get a corner or free kick, knowing that we dont have any penetration from set pieces. Lescott in defence would be a good buy for us, maybe in the summer, he's good in defence at CB and scores from set pieces. I dont think we need to be a team of superstars yet, 1 or 2 will suffice, maybe getting Villa would be enough to pair with Robinho. Like i said in my other post, we have great players to come back and a team that will strengthen over the next few games. The way we defended against a hard to beat wigan team was fantstic last game was immense (apart from a flukey header that zaki then missed). Think big Ned and Vinnie in CD could to wonders for our team. Just wondering whether we drop Micah until he regains his form and have zab in his spot on the right. I can only see this team going up this season and I for 1 think hughes has done exactly what we brought him in to do.
Agree. I even thought Richards looked good at RB. Something clicked with whole team. Zabby in DM was a revelation. My only doubt was Joe Hart still not confident under crosses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.