Silva And The Through Ball

It was other worldly. Lesser players would have passed to the right of Jagielka - more space, easier to reach Milner,but he wouldn't have had as easier a finish as he'd have been further wide.

But to play it to Jagielkas left...and in between him and Distin where there was so little space, was almost impossible. If it wasn't inch perfect Distin would have cut it out.

Oh, and let's not forget, he put a bit of spin on it to curve it into Milner's path with the outside of his left foot. From high up, it looks like a good ball, but from ground level, it looks like a master tailor threading a needle with silk.

FAN-tastic! He is making a habit of turning 3 players inside out and playing a killer pass (Aguero's goal in prior game?!).

What you have to remember is that when Silva makes a pass such as he did to Milner the other day, he knows what 4 players are going to do, before they know what they are going to do. And he processes all this in a tiny fraction of a second. The guy clearly has a pure instinct for the through ball, which for me makes it 'the beautiful game'.

When he got the ball I thought he was going to take them on. Then I saw he stopped and turned. I heard myself growling quietly. Milner's run. It was all unfolding. Once the pass was struck my growl went into full battle cry. It was nice that Milner scored, but at that time it didn't really matter if he did or not. The goal just seemed like an epilogue to a masterpiece.

I knew I had just witnessed something very few players in the world are capable of. Holding the ball up, sure. Finding the space, sure. Seeing the run, sure. Making the pass, sure. But all together and with perfect weight like that? And with the outside of the foot. I can think of 1-2 players who could make that move and pass. In the world. And they are both Silva's countrymen.

I wonder what goes through Silva's mind when he does something like that. Does he realize how outlandishly poetic a pass like that is?

A rag friend of mine (everyone needs one for annoying purposes), "I can't wait for silva to go to real or Barcelona, he is a special player.

I am concerned how we will play if he gets injured. I think Rodwell stopping him playing stopped our general attacking play on Saturday.

After watching that pass you have to sit back and admire it without question. If you watch him play, you'll see he's always looking for that through ball.

One of the best I've seen from him was the one to AJ against West Ham. Delightful.

Running out of things to praise him for!

City-Of-Manchester said:
better than kinkladze in my mind...pure genius !

no doubt about that, apart from his undoubted skill, silva is by far a better team player than kinkladze. and that what nails it for me.

pure joy to watch

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.