Silva unhappy with Spain treatment

sjsctid

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.espnstar.com/football/euro-championships/news/detail/item677122/Silva-unhappy-with-Spain-treatment/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.espnstar.com/football/euro-c ... treatment/</a>

Manchester City playmaker David Silva admits he is unhappy with the treatment he is subject to whilst on international duty with Spain.

Silva has established himself as one of the stars of the Barclays Premier League since joining City in the summer of 2010, but is still relegated to a peripheral role for the national team.

And the 25-year-old admits while he is honoured to be involved with the current world and European champions, he is slightly frustrated at the treatment he is subject to under national team coach Vicente Del Bosque.

"I don't think that your performances at club level have any effect on whether you play for the national side," Silva said, according to Marca.

"I have played at a very high level for my club for a long time, but it's not been enough to earn a starting berth.

"I feel lucky to be part of this great squad, but I also get the feeling that the coach doesn't really need me.

"When we lost against Switzerland at the World Cup [last year], I was the only one who felt the consequences and that's not been the only time that I was the victim."

Furthermore, Silva believes things would be very much different were he playing for either of La Liga's top two sides, Barcelona or Real Madrid.

"Whether my situation would have been different if I played for Barcelona or Real Madrid?

"To be honest, I sometimes get the feeling that I would be treated differently if I had joined one of those two teams."

Silva started the first game of Spain's victorious 2010 World Cup campaign, which resulted in a 1-0 loss to Switzerland, and was only ever involved again in the last four minutes of their semi-final win over Germany.

Can't say i really blame him for feeling that way .......

if ANY Spanish player is more consistent for his club , than Silva is for City , then he must be somethin' special!

Tomorrow's headlines:

SILVA DEMANDS JANUARY MOVE TO BARCA OR REAL MADRID TO BOOST INTERNATIONAL HOPES

Tricky_Trev said:
Tomorrow's headlines:

Tongue in cheek or not, these headlines are not far away.

jay_mcfc said:
Tricky_Trev said:
Tomorrow's headlines:

Sadly you may well be right ....... Silva may feel it's ultimately his only option if he keeps getting 'blanked' at international level , which is obviously upsetting him ... although he should realise that even going home may not solve the problem , should the manager prefer others.

I don't suppose that many Spanish players will even consider playing over here either if they read his words.

jay_mcfc said:
Tricky_Trev said:
Tomorrow's headlines:

I was only being a tad tongue in cheek. It's nailed-on that the papers will use these quotes to suggest Silva regrets joining City.

He didn't look too pleased when Mancini took him off on Sunday, can't say i blame him

But don't be suprised if he does start angling for a move to Barca or Real Madrid if he feels that's the only way to get in the Spain team. His agent will be in his ear, and Iniesta, Xaxi, Fabregas etc will be giving it the old "come and join us"

Let's hope he starts to get game time for Spain sooner rather than later

black mamba said:
Can't say i really blame him for feeling that way .......

if ANY Spanish player is more consistent for his club , than Silva is for City , then he must be somethin' special!

They are - Xavi and Iniesta. Probably the best midfield pairing I've ever seen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.