Silva wants us to attack vs Bayern

blinkblue said:
I would be much more confident about this game if Nige was fit. I'm still confident though.
^^^^^^^^^^^^
I think we have a team now that wants to get ALL the monkeys off our back. Napoli was a wake up call and I don't think we will make the same mistake again.
Not saying we will steam roller bayern but we will give them a good game and I coould see us nicking it.

Away from home in Europe against a good side will probably make for a cautious defensive approach, with Silva and Aguero being dangerous on the counter attack. I think the full backs will earn their wages against the likes of Robben and Ribery. Milner will probably double up to cover Richards, and Clichy will be okay on the otherside of the pitch. Deffo not a Kolorov type game with their attacking prowess down the channels. I reckon another 1-1 draw.

Ntini77 said:
Aguero could have a field day against van Buyten.

I doubt it, van Buyten almost certainly won't be playing.

Bayern (probable) :

Neuer

Rafinha
Boateng
Badstuber
Lahm

Luis Gustavo
Schweinsteiger
Kroos
Ribery

Müller

Gomez

If Badstuber fails a fitness test van Buyten may take his place though.

bayern blade said:
Ntini77 said:

Bayern (probable) :

Neuer

Rafinha
Boateng
Badstuber
Lahm

Luis Gustavo
Schweinsteiger
Kroos
Ribery

Müller

Gomez

Whats happening with Robben?
Is he still injured?

kippaxwarrior said:
Is he still injured?

No, he played the last 10 minutes or so on Saturday (and scored after a brilliant pass from Schweinsteiger).
He will almost certainly play but I doubt he'll start, he'll be on in the second half I expect.

defend for the first 15mins.
Ensure we dont conceed an early goal and then start to attack!

We should get more space than when playing at home!

kippaxwarrior said:
bayern blade said:
Ntini77 said:

Bayern (probable) :

Neuer

Rafinha
Boateng
Badstuber
Lahm

Luis Gustavo
Schweinsteiger
Kroos
Ribery

Müller

Gomez

Is he still injured?
robben has recovered and scored a goal in last match. but he's not fit for 90 mins. he'll be on the bench for sure and we need to be highly cautious because again for sure heynkes will play him in the second half.

hidera2 said:
kippaxwarrior said:
bayern blade said:

Bayern (probable) :

Neuer

Rafinha
Boateng
Badstuber
Lahm

Luis Gustavo
Schweinsteiger
Kroos
Ribery

Müller

Gomez

Is he still injured?
robben has recovered and scored a goal in last match. but he's not fit for 90 mins. he'll be on the bench for sure and we need to be highly cautious because again for sure heynkes will play him in the second half.

How has Boateng been playing?

I expect Bayern to hammer us with lots of early pressure. If we manage to soak the pressure up for say 25 minutes I can see us growing into the game and as Bayerns pressure eases we should find our rhythm easier.

We have the players capable of dominating, but so do they and they are in formidable form and the home side. It makes for a cracking game.

Concede early and we could be in big trouble though, if that happens I can see us conceding quite a few. If not, I can see us sneaking a win. As I've said, I'd take a draw happily right now.

To sum up, I think we will win, lose or draw this game. Lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.