Silva yesterday...

black mamba said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
David Silva is pretty much the best footballer I have ever seen in a City shirt.

I've been watching City since 1969 so i saw the likes of Bell , Lee and Summerbee ... and more recently Kinkladze ..... but David Silva is a brilliant player , and is far better player than i ever thought he was before he came here ...he's definetly my favourite City player of all time.

Losing Silva and Villa must have torn the heart out of Valencia.

Agreed. I have seen all the above and other greats before them but this lad is (probably as I'm still not 100%) the best.

Leaving aside my boyhood hero Bert Trautmann, David is my favourite City player ever. And I believe he will get even better.

Surely other Spanish players we might be interested in will be well aware that just one year's experience in the Premier League has been really good for David's game.

People can talk about Tevez until they are blue in the face. The fact is this lad is the fulcrum of the team. Everything good and positive about City going forward involves contributions from him.

Majestic and so proud he plays for us. He also doesn't seem to have anysort of ego about him which is extremely refreshing.

Alonso's backspin pass for the 2nd goal was superb as well. Our team will be even better if our DMs can make this kind of long accuracy pass more frequently.

I watched until the 72nd minute! Was truly a masterclass of how to control a game. He did drop deep from time to time I but was suprised how many times he was in front of the two forwards. He also won the ball on a number of occasions.
As for the best player ever in a City shirt, I would like to wait a little longer. Started supporting in 67 so seen a few - the biggest thing going for him is that I too feel there is more yet to come - a bit more strength and finishing and he will be up there with that sort of player we have seen - Bernabia, Bergovic, Kinky, Gordon Dalziel
(God - how far have we come!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.