Silva

AdamManCity

People have recently said on here that we can cope without silva if he doesn't sign his new deal. Arsenal away last season and Liverpool away yesturday are two game off the top of my head he hasn't started in and it is no surprise they are two of the worst city performances I have seen over the last few seasons. We lacked tempo and got overrun in midfield. Now I know that isn't entirely to do with silva not playing but silva very rarely loses the ball and what he does even better is suck opposition players out of position giving our other players more space to play in themselves. As soon as silva came on yesturday we started to move the ball around much more freely and that is no coincidence, had he been fit and played the whole game it could have been different. He is pretty much irreplaceable and so we should get behind him and convince him that we are desperate for him to stay.

Without David Silva our ball retention drops by a large percentage. Everyone else plays better with David in the team.

Looked a lot lot better yesterday when he came on. Another week of rest and he should be perfect for QPR.

I have no doubts a deal will be done. It is just taking time.

AdamManCity said:
People have recently said on here that we can cope without silva if he doesn't sign his new deal. Arsenal away last season and Liverpool away yesturday are two game off the top of my head he hasn't started in and it is no surprise they are two of the worst city performances I have seen over the last few seasons. We lacked tempo and got overrun in midfield. Now I know that isn't entirely to do with silva not playing but silva very rarely loses the ball and what he does even better is suck opposition players out of position giving our other players more space to play in themselves. As soon as silva came on yesturday we started to move the ball around much more freely and that is no coincidence, had he been fit and played the whole game it could have been different. He is pretty much irreplaceable and so we should get behind him and convince him that we are desperate for him to stay.

which "people" said we can cope without him??? no "U" in yesterday!!!!

david is class end of, i have already accepted he may leave someday, i will always wish him well. i d love him to stay a while though.

With silva in the team and yaya pushed forward we look like a great attacking force. Nasri has started very well this season. I would expect in games where we should win we play these and just go for it.

sir baconface said:
I guess nobody is truly irreplaceable but Big Dave comes close.

Agreed, he's a great player and ideally I'd want him to stay for at least the next 3-5 years. No idea who could replace him, perhaps Mata but he'd be far to expensive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.