Simple Question: Do you trust our owner?

Do you trust our owner?

• Total voters
No I don't trust them. They are clearly in it in the interests of marketing Abu Dhabi to the world. I've been happy to take the positives that they have brought to the club (and those memories can't be taken away) but I always feared that there would come a point when they would show their hand and act in a way that is demonstrably against the wishes of the majority of fans.

I agree with comments on various threads about FC United style response to this being the wrong option. Why support a wannabee club when we can support and build up an existing team with City connections: Maine Road FC. If this goes ahead that's where I will be going after lockdown. Couldn't stomach sitting in the Etihad and watching another showing of 'The City is Ours' video because clearly it isn't any more.

All the characters on here who are exonerating City's owners for deciding to shit on the rest of football need to reflect on what being a City fan means (at least to me). It means experiencing real football: losing as well as winning; relegation as well as lifting trophies. It means Barnsley or Halifax away not Barcelona or Madrid every fecking month with kick off times to suit a Chinese or Indian or US TV audience. I tell you what guys, if this happens anticipate movement of 'franchises' in 5 or 10 years time. Why have two teams in Manchester? That does not make sense to a US marketing man. Let's move one of these Manchester teams to somewhere to 'grow the fan base'. How about moving City to Vienna or Amsterdam or Dublin or Copenhagen?

I really can't believe there are so many people on here who are trying to imagine that the owners are doing this for some currently hidden really good reason that they will eventually reveal to us. This is about greed and the draining of every ounce of money that can be had out of this sport.

It's business plain and simple. They didn't want to 'break' the cartel despite the fantasies of some of us the fans, they wanted to 'break into' the cartel.

No I don't trust them. They are clearly in it in the interests of marketing Abu Dhabi to the world. I've been happy to take the positives that they have brought to the club (and those memories can't be taken away) but I always feared that there would come a point when they would show their hand and act in a way that is demonstrably against the wishes of the majority of fans.

I agree with comments on various threads about FC United style response to this being the wrong option. Why support a wannabee club when we can support and build up an existing team with City connections: Maine Road FC. If this goes ahead that's where I will be going after lockdown. Couldn't stomach sitting in the Etihad and watching another showing of 'The City is Ours' video because clearly it isn't any more.

All the characters on here who are exonerating City's owners for deciding to shit on the rest of football need to reflect on what being a City fan means (at least to me). It means experiencing real football: losing as well as winning; relegation as well as lifting trophies. It means Barnsley or Halifax away not Barcelona or Madrid every fecking month with kick off times to suit a Chinese or Indian or US TV audience. I tell you what guys, if this happens anticipate movement of 'franchises' in 5 or 10 years time. Why have two teams in Manchester? That does not make sense to a US marketing man. Let's move one of these Manchester teams to somewhere to 'grow the fan base'. How about moving City to Vienna or Amsterdam or Dublin or Copenhagen?

I really can't believe there are so many people on here who are trying to imagine that the owners are doing this for some currently hidden really good reason that they will eventually reveal to us. This is about greed and the draining of every ounce of money that can be had out of this sport.
City and Chelsea both are reluctant participants in this league - according to numerous news articles.

It appears that our ownership were backed into a corner - and were told that this Superleague was 100% going to occur - and we had the choice to get on board or to be left behind.

That our ownership choose to join - at the threat of becoming irrelevant - I can see why we did join.

I 100% trust our owner - in light of the press surrounding this issue.

I cant see OUR owner being forced to do anything they dont want to do...
There is no such thing as a perfect owner...always a sting in the tail...
City and Chelsea dont need the money, the rest do...
We have been very lucky so far with our owners...let's wait till the dust settles...
It might not even happen despite the media overkill....

I cant see OUR owner being forced to do anything they dont want to do...
There is no such thing as a perfect owner...always a sting in the tail...
City and Chelsea dont need the money, the rest do...
We have been very lucky so far with our owners...let's wait till the dust settles...
It might not even happen despite the media overkill....
Well, both our ownership and Chelsea's ownership - want to win in top competition - I presume you don't disagree.

And if the Superleague is going to happen - that means that the C/L is at an end - winning the Superleague would then be the measure of world supremacy in football.

So for me - both our club and Chelsea were backed into a no win situation - compelled to join the Superleague.
===
For what it's worth - I don't think that the Superleague is going to go forward - massive public sentiment against the Superleague will force governments to intervene - breaking up the league.

I trust them to stay invested in City and keeping us a top team. Unlike the American owners, they are not lining their own pockets, but instead investing in City and part of Manchester.

City was bought in 2008, now the forum is asking people if you trust the owner because "City" want to join a new League instead of CL.
Football is a business, al what matter is the fair value of the fan or watcher experience. If an an owner is ripping the fans just to get money in his pocket yeah he is bad, but he share it and want also to win off the field and also on the field then yes is a good owner.

The club had to pay a hell of many to players in order to get to this situation. The same people cheerleading to some players because of a post should now that City lost 160 or more last year and those players cost a lot.

If this question had been asked 48hrs ago, unequivocally Yes.

Now? It's a No from me, the fact that apart from our Website giving a crap update and quoting our arch nemesis to boot, failing to engage with us, the fans at all, not event a Twitter post the fucking cowards, the thought that we should jump into bed with the same Cartel members who have actively tried to bury us, in a League (no it's not) with no voting rights.

The fact they can't see this is nothing more than a plan to bail out clubs who are in debt, pull the ladder up behind us, so there can be no more future equivalent Man City type teams and obviously do not fucking understand the beauty of competition or the wrecking of the oldest football league.

I fucking hate how I feel today about my Club. I hate that I'm almost walking away from it with the disdain shown for us and the treatment of us fans.

Fuck you Soriano, Shame on you Khaldoon.

Does that answer your question?

Yes I do. If I didn't then what would be the point of supporting city anymore. I mean they've done everything for us. Without their money we'd have no trophies, no top 4 finishes to be honest I don't even think we'd have survived to stay in the prem, we'd be as irrelevant as most teams down the lowers.

I think those ranting and pissing in their pants over this really should have a long hard think about some of the daft shit they've been spouting. I'm not saying this is good or bad but fucking scrawling traitors on a flag outside our club ? Really ?? Fuck off !! I'd prefer measured debate because if he fucks us off tomorrow then many would really have reason to moan

If this question had been asked 48hrs ago, unequivocally Yes.

Now? It's a No from me, the fact that apart from our Website giving a crap update and quoting our arch nemesis to boot, failing to engage with us, the fans at all, not event a Twitter post the fucking cowards, the thought that we should jump into bed with the same Cartel members who have actively tried to bury us, in a League (no it's not) with no voting rights.

The fact they can't see this is nothing more than a plan to bail out clubs who are in debt, pull the ladder up behind us, so there can be no more future equivalent Man City type teams and obviously do not fucking understand the beauty of competition or the wrecking of the oldest football league.

I fucking hate how I feel today about my Club. I hate that I'm almost walking away from it with the disdain shown for us and the treatment of us fans.

Fuck you Soriano, Shame on you Khaldoon.

Does that answer your question?
Have you read articles such as this?

Our ownership - and Chelsea's too were told - in no uncertain terms that this awful Superleague was 100% going to occur - sign up or else!

I'd have preferred very much that our ownership adamantly refused to join into this abhorrent money-grab - but criminals were at the doorstep with knives drawn - do as we say or else!
===
So yes, I trust our ownership still - but I'm disappointed that they caved to armed criminals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.