Simple Question: Do you trust our owner?

Do you trust our owner?

• Total voters
You do wonder why they got involved in the first place. Knowing Khaldoon's personality (in his interviews) I'm shocked he would be in favour of this.

On a side note our financial situation appears very healthy. It's not like our business portfolio is poor. Look how much we've invested and expanded in the past few years.

Our business model has been destroyed. The build up of clubs within the CFG now counts for very little. The edge it gave us has been wiped out due to every other ESL club now being able to throw money galore at the thing with no jeopardy.

Some of the threads today are bordering on ridiculous, plenty of people wanting to stick the boot into the club and all too ready to end decades of love.

City are an institution, they are separate from any individual.

Same people weirdly who also support players over their clubs.

We would be out of business if it wasn't for our owner and the stewardship of Khaldoon.
In 5-10 years time, the decision to join will be vindicated.

I do and there is more to this ESL than meets the eye. I cannot believe the number of posts from people almost gleefully telling us all they are “done with the club etc”. Whatever competition we are in the club and our playing staff deserve out support. The board must have felt that joining this was the right way to go and given their investment and what we have witnessed since they got on board I trust their judgement. Am sick of hearing about the pyramid in English foot ball and supporting grass roots etc. No one gave a fuck about us when we were on our uppers, “the family of football” watched countless teams struggle and go out of business. Given football finances particularly post pandemic, so many professional teams is unsustainable. Sadly many will go under.. just the same in some other industries. The top players will not be asking for less in salaries, and the pandemic has perhaps highlighted how football ( at least at the PL level) does not necessarily need large crowds to be financially stable.

Khaldoon.

"We know that it's not easy for our competition - and by the way, the football world is very small and word comes around very quickly so when someone somewhere in a leading position in any club says something or briefs something, guess what? We know about it

After everything the club has gone through over the 10 years. After every battle the club has lost and won. After finally winning the war against UEFA and their European cartel.(at CAS) Mansour, 'Khaldoon' and Soriano join forces with the clubs and their owners that have been trying to destroy Manchester City Football Club.

Khaldoon.

"We know that it's not easy for our competition - and by the way, the football world is very small and word comes around very quickly so when someone somewhere in a leading position in any club says something or briefs something, guess what? We know about it

After everything the club has gone through over the 10 years. After every battle the club has lost and won. After finally winning the war against UEFA and their European cartel.(at CAS) Mansour, 'Khaldoon' and Soriano join forces with the clubs and their owners that have been trying to destroy Manchester City Football Club.
I don't understand what alternative they had. They are running a multi billion pound business. Not joining would have severely diminished all of the clubs significant revenue streams. Leaving a situation where the business would probably have folded without the owners financial assistance.

"As part of that, we will absolutely spend time listening to you, the fans, about what you think about the future of the club...and your voice will be heard by the organisation at the highest level."

That's what we were told in 2008 and that's the test that needs to be applied in 2021. I've never truly believed the narrative that Sheikh Mansour made a purely individual decision to buy the club. He's the legal owner sure but there is little doubt in my mind that this is a largely state-funded & directed enterprise.

The fact that ADEC funded the Etihad sponsorship & Khaldoon's involvement opened my eyes. The latter is probably the second or maybe third most important person in Abu Dhabi. He's Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed's right-hand man and I've never bought this story that he's doing his mate Sheikh Mansour a favour.

But that's never bothered me as we've both (owner and fans) got something out of the relationship. Am I grateful to them? Yes, absolutely. Do I trust them? No, because they will, despite what we were told in 2008, do what's best for them, not what's best for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.