Singapore

Akai

anyone been there ?

looking for sight seeing recommendations!

going there next month for a week and then another week in Hong Kong!

the public transport system (underground & buses) is excellent so you can get around very easily. the night zoo is an unusual but very interesting place with all the nocturnal animals active. if you want a good alfresco meal try newton circus where there are loads of open air stalls selling all kinds of quality food. choose your stall, order your food, grab a table & wait to be served.

you shouldn't leave without a visit to raffles hotel. although they're not cheap you should try a singapore sling there (that's where they were first created). the tradition is to accompany your drink with complimentary monkey nuts & throw the shells on the floor. you'll find yourself ankle deep in them before long.

wear your city shirt at all times & give grief to any plastic rags you see there. are you going in the near future or later this year? if you're going soon take an umbrella as it's the wet season & it's pissing down.

went in july about 10 years ago.

did not like it, 96 % humidty and did nothing for me in comparison to rest of asia.

In HK, make sure you go to Big Buddah

rassclot said:
you shouldn't leave without a visit to raffles hotel. although they're not cheap you should try a singapore sling there (that's where they were first created). the tradition is to accompany your drink with complimentary monkey nuts & throw the shells on the floor. you'll find yourself ankle deep in them before long.

Yup done that, met a bloody couple from Didsbury whilst there!

I had my first sling at about 3pm, the flight home was midnight. I had a little bar crawl and ended up at the airport 4 hours early just to make sure. So ended up in a Carlsberg bar and well...barely made it on the plane! Slept all the way home though!!

The botanical gardens were nice though!

I loved it! bugis street market, food stalls are ace!! Cable car to sentosa , singapore sling in the bar at raffles. ooh its all good. if you have time the train from singapore to KL is an interesting experience and you can book that online before you go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.