Singapore

BUMP.

Just booked for 3 days here en route to New Zealand for a month.

Any recommendations of the MUST DO bits and pieces and best places to eat.

Zoo and The Flyer look like certainties at the moment as well!

Go on the flyer and then take a boat cruise down the river, stop off at Clarks Quay area and enjoy the night life. The evening laser show behind Marina Bay sands is ok, take a trip to the top level swimming pool on Marina Bay hotel and enjoy a cold beer. It's a great place, we go there for some civilization.

Few years since I've been but the cable car to Sentosa Island is pretty spectacular and a Singapore Sling in Raffles is one of the 'must do's'. Stayed at the Traders near Orchard Road which was decent, came down for breakfast first morning and Peter Reid and Brian Marwood were hitting the bubbly early doors!

Akai said:
anyone been there ?

looking for sight seeing recommendations!

going there next month for a week and then another week in Hong Kong!

Eat and drink it's the best thing there, raffles is good for an evening so is the zoo! It is though a very large shopping centre populated by a population more obsessed with wealth than anywhere else on earth

Went there a few weeks ago (girlfriend is Singaporean). Fantastic place. Food is unbelievably good; so much choice, such good quality, and at a decent price.

Ate at a restaurant on the top of Marina Bay Sands hotel and the views were incredible. Were meant to go for drink at Raffles Bar but we cocked up our booking. Aquarium was brilliant, as were the Gardens by the Bay (didn't get time to visit the Botanical Gardens). River Cruise was also nice. The best for me though was the Zoo; had breakfast with the orangutans!

It's probably the hottest place you can go to where you will not get a tan. Everything is covered up, even a lot of the paths around the zoo. The insides of most public buildings are bloody freezing, they crank the air-con up to 11 - that was probably the thing I disliked most about the place.

We're going back next year to get a better feel of what it could be like to live out there. It's hugely expensive to buy or rent property, and you have to pay a shit load of money just to have a driving licence, but many commodities are cheaper than here, so I'm very tempted.

Probably been said already but check out "4 floors"

Raffles Obligatory and the Tang Shopping Centre worth a look for sitting outside a café and people watching (Or was that KL?)

The Hard Rock had a great 2 for 1 on Pitchers of beer too when I was there, we had about 10 jugs on the table at last orders!!!

Took these pics a few months ago...was there for a stopover. Definitely check out marina bay sands

a9df8d11260a69c959351463342d9dfc.jpg

f85452f138a075de889397208f4b4bed.jpg

Sorry if pics are too big..uploaded with tapatalk

Not been for 20 odd years but loved the place .the hotel can sort trips out ,as stated stock up with drinks from supermarkets as extremley expensive in the bars

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.