Singing City Songs to Yourself

Royaloak

I’m finding that increasingly, and totally impromptu, I’m bursting into singing City songs as I’m going about my day to day. It’s just happened to me - off to make a brew and I just blurted out ‘Oh, Balotelli...etc’. I do it a lot in the shower, sitting at my desk at work, walking around Tesco - it can happen anywhere. It’s not just one song either - it can be anything ranging from the original ‘Boys in Blue’ song, through to Balotelli, the Dzeko song etc. I even start singing some of the more obscure, long forgotten songs such as ‘We’ll fight, fight, fight, with all our might for the boys in the sky blue jersey’. Sometimes it’s the whole song, sometimes it’s just the odd line. it used to just happen the morning of a big game, but over the last few years it’s every day.

Does this happen to anyone else?, is it common?, or do I need professional help?

Hahah i don't even realise when i'm singing the songs at home to myself. But the other day i heard my missus, that has no interest in football or would know any chants, singing "Oooooh Balotelli" to herself... Subconsciously she's a blue, or in love with Balo, either way!

My girlfriend hates when I do this.
I've started incorporating her name into some of them so that she feels involved.

Yeah I do it - woke the wife up on the morning of the 6-1 at 8.00am singing My father said to me one day'. she wasnt happy.

Always do it - especially new songs and old classics.

i sit near a spuds fan in work and he loves me singing

"o when the spuds... are on at eight... o when the spuds are on at eight.... you know theres on... chanel fi-hiveeee... oh when the spuds are on at eightttttttt"

he cant get enough

Not for me, the jazzhands with oh when the spurs really don't work when you're by yourself.....

And we were on at 17:00 yesterday and on ITV4 pal, your song is way of the mark ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.