Singing section/Atmosphere

Considering this is still being debated, I really hope some of you will join in on our singing section for Basel at home. We are all good lads and possess a potential solution for atmosphere. More than happy to answer any questions as well if you see us about. You can apply for the singing section here:
https://www.1894groupmcfc.co.uk/singingsection
No shame....did people on here really expect you to out sing. 8,000 away fans.
Keep up the good work . Flags ,ticker tape all the stuff you do.
Safe standing the future for you guys......

We appreciate all the kind words we get from fellow blues and accept we are far from perfect. Yet more people joining creates more ideas, so If you’re up for it come down to the Basel game with us!

Yes they did.

The current "singing section" mainly reflects he cheap seats at Maine Road in 1994 transposed onto the new stadium.

The fact the cheapest seats are now the furthest from the pitch at the back of SS3 should give a clue as to why the atmosphere is getting worse.

The current "singing section" mainly reflects he cheap seats at Maine Road in 1994 transposed onto the new stadium.

The fact the cheapest seats are now the furthest from the pitch at the back of SS3 should give a clue as to why the atmosphere is getting worse.

There was consultation & that area was chosen due to its proximity to the away fans as so many wanted the 'banter' & said it's difficult to get an atmosphere going without it.

I thought it was a stupid idea at the time & still do now. We are the only club which volunteers to have its 'end' taken without even a whimper.

There would be riots at most clubs if people tried to put away fans in their end. We had a brand new ground & still don't have our own end. It's ridiculous.

There was consultation & that area was chosen due to its proximity to the away fans as so many wanted the 'banter' & said it's difficult to get an atmosphere going without it.

I thought it was a stupid idea at the time & still do now. We are the only club which volunteers to have its 'end' taken without even a whimper.

There would be riots at most clubs if people tried to put away fans in their end. We had a brand new ground & still don't have our own end. It's ridiculous.

The south stand has remained the same since we moved though, the club re-branding it made no difference, it is the same type of people, just more of them since the away fans were slimmed down. There was no consultation before the move in 2003, and the away fans are never going to be moved now.

Maybe they did consult since but I am South Stand since the move and was unaware, maybe it was like the badge 'consultation' though, and wouldn't make any difference. All the club would have to do to make north stand lower a singing section change it back from being a family stand and make it significantly cheaper than other lower tier areas. Cost is a massive factor on fan location.

Exactly. We've tried literally everything within our power over the past few years to try and improve the atmosphere and despite some people on this thread claiming it's been a total failure, that's not the case. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

When the opportunity to move into 115 became available as a result of the re-structuring of the away section due to the 3rd tier of the South Stand opening, we pushed it as much as possible and emphasised the point that those wanting to move there should be up for creating an atmosphere so what happens? Some fans moved there with no intention of getting involved and we now have a situation where, somewhat astonishingly, during one home game last season one of our guys was told to stop singing....in the fucking singing section. What also didn't help was that some that were originally planning to relocate there instead relocated again to SS3 to take advantage of the cheaper ST prices.

We've positioned ourselves at the back of the stand but the songs don't always travel well down and across the block due to both the low overhang and not enough people further down the block not putting any legwork in to help the songs carry, so for CL games we've re-positioned ourselves at the front of the stand and despite the best efforts of some of us there (I say some of us because some of those that relocated to the front with us couldn't be arsed joining in for some weird reason) constantly trying to get things going, the middle rows stayed mainly silent so any link with the singers at the back was fragmented and vice versa. Moving to the middle of the block would probably be the best thing to do but there's never enough seating availability to position a block of 70 or so fans there.

We made the controversial decision to use a drum versus Gladbach last season because their fans had battered ours for atmosphere with the aid of their own drums the season before. It wasn't as disastrous as some predicted but one of the guys using it in the first half got a shit load of disgraceful abuse on the concourse at half time. Now we don't have a problem with people not being in favour of using a drum but what we won't have is someone being called a nonce for having the balls to step up and give it a go. No doubt the **** who came out with that has probably never started a song off in their lives.
This was my point exactly a couple of months ago when u took it the wrong way. I understand the group have tried everything they can to improve the atmosphere but like I said at the time to many fans had no intention of joining in when moving to the singing section all they moved for was to be able to sit with mates again after being split up from the other moves around the ground or from Maine road days.

Some of my thoughts on last night:

- If you weren't there, you can't really whinge about the atmosphere.
- Away fans were very loud, hard to outsing 7,000 fans in the biggest game in their history.
- 115 is the only block that consistently tries to get songs going.
- If YOU don't sing, wherever you are in the ground, how can you expect the atmosphere to improve?
- We will comfortably outsing them when we go to Ashton Gate - that's how it works in the country.

1894 Group are going to organise a singing section for the Basel game. If you're actually bothered about the atmosphere (which you must be, otherwise you wouldn't be on this thread) then pull your finger out and make the effort! If you can't be arsed, stop whinging.
Good post..

The south stand has remained the same since we moved though, the club re-branding it made no difference, it is the same type of people, just more of them since the away fans were slimmed down. There was no consultation before the move in 2003, and the away fans are never going to be moved now.

Maybe they did consult since but I am South Stand since the move and was unaware, maybe it was like the badge 'consultation' though, and wouldn't make any difference. All the club would have to do to make north stand lower a singing section change it back from being a family stand and make it significantly cheaper than other lower tier areas. Cost is a massive factor on fan location.

There was a lot of talk about it at the time & the vote went for being next to the away fans.

I agree, fuck the family stand off somewhere else & make the North Stand the home fans end.

Those who want to look at fat Geordies can stay where they are.

This is what we need to do but I’ve heard it’s for policing reasons they are there..the best solution is to move the main home stand to the North stand and redevelop it accordingly..moving the families next to the away support in the South Stand
What a great idea !! Move a load of young kids next to away fans so that they can face all the abuse.

The mind boggles sometimes with the amazing ideas of some of our fans.

This thread amuses me as every week there is a different excuse for the lame atmosphere. Now we are back to the shit atmosphere being due to not having our own end which is comical.
Last week it was due to shit acoustics. The week before it was down to ticket prices. The week before down to not having safe standing. All complete bollocks. The acoustics sounded fine for the away fans in the past week. Cheap tickets last night and the mythical fans that make a noise but don't come cause of high prices didn't bother turning up. The South Stand stand all game but don't make a peep.

We have won god knows how many home games on the trot - yet the atmosphere at the three home games in 2018 has been an utter disgrace.

No idea what the answer is. But please give up on making dreadful excuses which just don't wash.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.