Single malt whisky

Was literally looking at the Balvennie carribean cask the other day, thought of getting it. Is it good?

I enjoyed it, will be replacing it when it's gone I think. The initial rum hit was very strong, perhaps too strong, but that has faded as I've gone down the bottle

Same for Bowmore and Bunnahabain too, at least the ones I've tried
My mate threw up in his shoe after we had a bit of a session on Bunnahabian.

He got up late for work, and still p*ssed. In rushing to get dressed he put his shoes on without realising one of them was full of chunks.

My mate threw up in his shoe after we had a bit of a session on Bunnahabian.

He got up late for work, and still p*ssed. In rushing to get dressed he put his shoes on without realising one of them was full of chunks.
That’s more your mate’s problem, than Bunnahabian’s, to be fair. ;-)

Was literally looking at the Balvennie carribean cask the other day, thought of getting it. Is it good?

I enjoyed it, will be replacing it when it's gone I think. The initial rum hit was very strong, perhaps too strong, but that has faded as I've gone down the bottle
I would definitely recommend Doublewood 12Y — much more fine-tuned but still having the great oak and sherry oak flavours.

I would definitely recommend Doublewood 12Y — much more fine-tuned but still having the great oak and sherry oak flavours.

I like it, it is good. The rum finish one was more for something a bit different. And i do like rum. Payday still a bit away, the sway to try it will prob pass by then.

Just made an impulse buy from Asda. A bottle of Tamnavulin single malt. £20. £12 off. No idea what to expect being a novice with single malts and Whisky in general. This one is from Speyside.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.