Single malt whisky

I can recommend Blair Atholl. Not that easy to find, but worth it.

Just got an annual membership with Flaviar from the missus’ parents for my birthday — looks quite promising for surveying many different whiskies I wouldn’t otherwise try.

Has anyone else tried the service? Any tips for getting the most out of the membership?

Just got an annual membership with Flaviar from the missus’ parents for my birthday — looks quite promising for surveying many different whiskies I wouldn’t otherwise try.

Has anyone else tried the service? Any tips for getting the most out of the membership?

Never heard of it, looks interesting. is it Irish whiskies only?
One thing i'd say, live tasting events can be very good, enjoyed ones ive been to (not ghtough this service bug jusg basic one-off ones). If they are part of the offer, worth using.
Let us know how it goes.

Never heard of it, looks interesting. is it Irish whiskies only?
One thing i'd say, live tasting events can be very good, enjoyed ones ive been to (not ghtough this service bug jusg basic one-off ones). If they are part of the offer, worth using.
Let us know how it goes.
No, it’s all varieties, and also includes gin, cognac, rum, and tequila/Mezcal, if you fancy them — the Irish sampler is just the “free” promotional set you receive upon signing up. I’m not much for Irish whiskies myself, so declined and took a credit for half the price of a bottle of gin for the missus instead.

There are tasting events through the service, but I am not sure if there are any near where I live now. That’s not an issue as there are many available through the distilleries and restaurants here already, and I’ve been to a few thus far.

I’ll be sure to share how things go with the first shipment from the membership. I chose bourbon and cognac because I also just received several bottles of scotch and mezcal (my other new love) from mates. All of this will be consumed *very* slowly, as I can’t drink that much these days. I think that was probably taken in to account by my mum-in-law when selecting the service given the variety packs you receive contain 50 ml viles for tasting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.