Singlies

karen7 said:
I have the best of both worlds as i dont live with the current mr k,i see him when i want and enjoy my own space the rest of the time
Realx and enjoy being single,someone will come along when you least expect it

please, please nobody be so childish as to amend this post in a so-called "amusing" way...

york away to this! said:
karen7 said:
I have the best of both worlds as i dont live with the current mr k,i see him when i want and enjoy my own space the rest of the time

please, please nobody be so childish as to amend this post in a so-called "amusing" way...

I expected it as soon as i typed it :)

I genuinely don't mind being single, I was in a relationship for 7 years which ended just over three years ago. He ended it and it shocked me a lot because I didn't see it coming at all. He started seeing someone else a few weeks after we split up and then I ended up seeing someone on the rebound and that lasted longer than it should have done.

However right now is the happiest I've been in years, I see my friends more despite them all being in relationships. I do occasionally miss cuddles in bed and normal relationship things, and I do want to meet someone, but at the moment im me not in a rush to.

I think its something to do with the way people in this country view older single people, its as if they have just landed from Mars
My mate was single well into his 50s then being a fluent Spanish speaker he took himself off backpacking to South America for 5 weeks and met a cracking Cuban woman in her 40s when he was in Buenos Aries
They are getting hitched next year and he has got his residency to live just outside Havana
All singles should never give up but I would say do as my mate did and look abroad, they do not seem to have the same restraints as us Brits

I've never really been single(since my teens) I've always work away from home and that seems to keep things fresh. It was great to get home tonight after six day's, put my feet up an have a chat.

karen7 said:
In my experience, people will only come along when you least expect it if you put yourself out there a bit. Not desperately hitting on any woman you meet, but at least putting yourself in situations where you're likely to meet members of the opposite sex (or meet people who will later introduce you to single friends). If you spend every night at home watching TV or going on the internet and only ever go out with the same people, chances are no-one will come along at all.

mayo31 said:
BlueBearBoots said:
ha ha stony - wouldn't say I was lonely I do get out quite a bit but just hate living on my own never done it until now. this time last year I was living with my partner of 7 years, 2 daughters and a grandson the house was bursting at the seams and I never had a minute to myself - now when I am at home there is just me and the cat :(

no I didn't bury them all under the patio lol - my partner left me, and my girls got their own places, just all happened within a few months so the timing was bad.

Spose the worst bit is those nights when there is rack all on the telly and you have no plans there isn't anyone there just to be with!

Most single blokes when this happens would simply have a wank, in fact make that all blokes

See! So much easier for blokes lol

I'm With Stupid said:
karen7 said:
In my experience, people will only come along when you least expect it if you put yourself out there a bit. Not desperately hitting on any woman you meet, but at least putting yourself in situations where you're likely to meet members of the opposite sex (or meet people who will later introduce you to single friends). If you spend every night at home watching TV or going on the internet and only ever go out with the same people, chances are no-one will come along at all.

Yes you do have to resist the urge to stay in and watch telly and spend hours on here.Make the effort and you will meet someone

I've known many more unhappy people who are married than unhappy people who are single through choice. Too many married people live a half life because they are afraid of 'losing' perceived security and money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.