Sir Chris Hoy reveals cancer diagnosis

It's genuinely really heartbreaking this.

I'm a cyclist and a cycling fan. Chris is a giant of the sport and a massive role model to so many people. Changed the face of track cycling forever.

This fucking disease, striking a man who has spent his entire life at the pinnacle of fitness and health, inspiring millions of others to do the same.

I wouldn't want anyone to get cancer but I do wish it would hit the dickheads and not people like Sir Chris Hoy.

It's genuinely really heartbreaking this.

I'm a cyclist and a cycling fan. Chris is a giant of the sport and a massive role model to so many people. Changed the face of track cycling forever.

This fucking disease, striking a man who has spent his entire life at the pinnacle of fitness and health, inspiring millions of others to do the same.

I wouldn't want anyone to get cancer but I do wish it would hit the dickheads and not people like Sir Chris Hoy.
And when you read about his wife's own diagnosis, and the ages of their children, it really does make you want to weep.
Horrendous.

His wife unfortunately also diagnosed with an aggressive form of multiple sclerosis super sad all round.

Whenever I took my class of Ancoat kids to velodrome Hoy McLean etc were invariably there. Hoy couldn’t have been kinder, more generous, chatting to the kids , encouraging them with riding and school in general . Signing and handing out water bottles. He always made time for the kids. And me - peppering him with bike questions. (Best track cyclist he’d ever seen? Cav.)
He is an absolute gentleman and gentle man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.