Ski holiday

Hi mate, I’m going to Bialka Tatrzanska in Poland at start of Feb. Always found it’s cheaper to book independently and not use a travel agent although if it’s your first then a travel agent can be useful because everything is generally booked for you- transfers, ski pass, ski hire etc..
We’ve paid £75 return for the flights to Krakow, £100 for a car between 5, £600 for double room in hotel for 6 nights, £120 ski pass for 4 days/night skiing and approx £40 for ski, boot, poles and helmet hire. I imagine this is fairly cheap for ski passes and ski hire, been to the French Pyrenees a few times and paid more than this.
Thanks for your response, hope you enjoy that- reckon it’ll still be good their March time?

Fly to Geneva £100 including bag
Hire car for 3 days £100 each
Avoriaz 3 day life pass £150
Look for accommodation in chalets direct

Additional spends £200 so should be able to do it for £6/700
Sounds reasonable, thanks

Depends on loads of things a big thing is when you are planning on going,some dates are a lot busier more expensive than others.
But you will have to account for
Flights
Transfer
Accommodation
ski pass
Ski lessons if you haven't skied much
equipment hire.
Each of these can be pretty varied. Small resorts can be quite a bit cheaper and outside of school holidays can be cheaper.
Asking on https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/ with a good idea of dates and numbers will get more accurate advice.

rickmcfc is a well known member there.​

Thanks for your response, I will use that to gauge an idea for advice but feel like I’m fairly confident to book now!

Thanks for your response- skiing in March ok?
It depends on where you're planning to go skiing. I'd recommend reaching out to arangrant customer service and asking for their recommendations based on your destination. Skiing in March can be a mixed bag—it's often great with ample snowfall, but it can also be affected by unpredictable weather conditions. Getting some insights from experts like Arangrant could help ensure you have the best skiing experience possible.

Last edited:
It depends. Where are you planning to go?
French alps was the plan, where to avoid in March? Don’t know if he was winding me up but a mate reckons Scotland can be a decent budget option, be interesting to hear your thoughts

French alps was the plan, where to avoid in March? Don’t know if he was winding me up but a mate reckons Scotland can be a decent budget option, be interesting to hear your thoughts
All depends on the snow conditions. Also don’t leave in one of theseIMG_9134.jpegit Was a busy day at my local hill yesterday, this guy had to come up twice

Fly to Salzburg, rent a car, drive to Zell am See.

Have a lot of fun with those crazy Austrians.

Countless places to rent skis, buy your lift pass on the day.

Hop over to nearby Kaprun if you fancy a change of scenery on day three, and visit the Tauern Spa after a day on the slopes, as it is quite frankly fucking ace.

Above all though, if you can leave it to book last minute then do that. Go to where the snow is. (In Austria though, I love Austria for skiing).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.