skin cancer?

A A

Anonymous

ive been sun bedding lately just to get a bit of a tan but i got a little burnt last time i went on. nothing painful just looked a bit red on my face.

anyway my legs havent seemed to change colour at all but ive discovered today a red lump on the side of my thigh.

didn't think much of it at first but then remembered about the sun bed and it worried me a little.

does anybody think it could be skin cancer? obviously im ringing the doctors tomorrow but just wondering if anyone could put my mind at ease?

it just looks like a large spot but without a head. it hurts a little when touched as well.

May just be a what I call an underskin spot, used to get the horrible things when I was a plasterers mate, the plaster dust used to lodge in your pores and no amount of scrubbing seemed to remove it.

Which led to some angry lumps like that.

It may be the same with you but more sweat based if it is on the inside of your thigh where your boxers would rub etc etc

ban-mcfc said:
ive been sun bedding lately just to get a bit of a tan but i got a little burnt last time i went on. nothing painful just looked a bit red on my face.

anyway my legs havent seemed to change colour at all but ive discovered today a red lump on the side of my thigh.

didn't think much of it at first but then remembered about the sun bed and it worried me a little.

does anybody think it could be skin cancer? obviously im ringing the doctors tomorrow but just wondering if anyone could put my mind at ease?

it just looks like a large spot but without a head. it hurts a little when touched as well.

A red lump sore to the touch doesn't sound like anything to worry about- most likely an infected pore/boil or ingrowing hair that'll sort itself in a few days. Re skin cancer watch for raised, irregular shaped or changing-in-colour moles.

Blue Smarties said:
No doubt it's just a spot. How long did you start with on the beds to get burnt ffs.

well went on for like 6 mins a couple of times during this week and it didn't do much so i went on for 9 a couple days ago and my face looked a little burnt thats all, nothings painful and its not really red anymore.

my torso is quite brown and my legs and thighs (where the lump is) are the same colour as before.

Lucky Toma said:
Doesnt sound like a mole. Sounds more like a spot that hasnt developed yet.
Get it checked out if its worrying you though bud.

I'd be more concerned about turning into such a girl with all those sunbed sessions. :)

haha cheers mate, im going to stop i think, yeah its nothing like a mole so sounds promising.

anyway il ask my dad when he picks me up for the game tomorrow. im probably being a big girl.

cheers for everyones comments btw, help me sleep tonight!

ban-mcfc said:
Blue Smarties said:
No doubt it's just a spot. How long did you start with on the beds to get burnt ffs.

well went on for like 6 mins a couple of times during this week and it didn't do much so i went on for 9 a couple days ago and my face looked a little burnt thats all, nothings painful and its not really red anymore.

my torso is quite brown and my legs and thighs (where the lump is) are the same colour as before.
I take it you're new to them and didn't think about asking any female friends first...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.