Skrtel

Ah and the "He's far better than Lescott and would supplant him!" posts are going now over there.

I thought we were signing him but it looks like his agent is trying to get Skrtel a better deal at Liverpool.

carlos92 said:
I thought we were signing him but it looks like his agent is trying to get Skrtel a better deal at Liverpool.
That is indeed the best case scenario.

I would stretch to 15 mil for skrtel, but even that price does n't represent any value or shrewd business. For 20 million I would rather have a player like Dede or Mamadou Sakho of PSG.

Dede should n't be too hard to get with Vasco having cashflow problems, I know he has said he wants to stay in Brazil (for 2014) but I think we can convince him that he is misguided in that career path and that playing champions league football alongside CB rivals Silva and Luiz is more likely to get him in the team for the world cup.

Sakho is an interesting one, captain at an early age, mainstay in the side putting in superb perfomances. However since the take over by the Qataris he has gone off the boil abit, the fact is PSG are no longer the same club, they have rejected their history by sacking koumbare when they were top of the league and bringing in Ancellotti. Sakho made 22 appearances last season despite being captain, he put in some poor apearances but I don't think the atmosphere at the club helped him. PSG are chasing after Big players and seem to have forgottten about the players they have already got. I would open the bidding at around the 15 million mark and go up to 20 million if necessary. We could easily get 10 years out of him and if he takes lescott's spot in the team he would be a strong contender for les bleus's armband and I suspect PSG's interest in Silva would have unsettled him.

taconinja said:
Ah and the "He's far better than Lescott and would supplant him!" posts are going now over there.
They really are a bunch of deluded fuckwits (plagiarism alert!) over there. And they're supposed to be the most knowledgeable fans in football? Christ on a bike!

moomba said:
LFC28 said:
Liverpool is a big club just because we havent been in CL for a few years it dosent change that.

And that will count for fuck all when it comes to people making decisions on where to play.

Champions league, title races, potential earnings all much more significant than the "big club" myth that really is only important to insecure supporters.

Not only that its £££ which your club clearly has and would be nothing without.

LFC28 said:
moomba said:
LFC28 said:
Liverpool is a big club just because we havent been in CL for a few years it dosent change that.

And that will count for fuck all when it comes to people making decisions on where to play.

Champions league, title races, potential earnings all much more significant than the "big club" myth that really is only important to insecure supporters.

Not only that its £££ which your club clearly has and would be nothing without.
RAWK offline, is it?

jimharri said:
taconinja said:
They really are a bunch of deluded fuckwits (plagiarism alert!) over there. And they're supposed to be the most knowledgeable fans in football? Christ on a bike!

All fans have their own set of idiots.<br /><br />-- Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:27 pm --<br /><br />
taconinja said:
carlos92 said:

Suits us LFC fans, we don't want to sell him.

He was our best player last season.

If we sold him we'd want at least we you gave Everton for Lescott, as we rate Skrtel higher than him.

Man Cini said:
jimharri said:
taconinja said:

All fans have their own set of idiots.

-- Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:27 pm --

taconinja said:
carlos92 said:

If we sold him we'd want at least we you gave Everton for Lescott, as we rate Skrtel higher than him.
Re. your first point; agreed. All clubs have some morons among their support. Yes, even us. Hard to believe, I know. It's just that some clubs have more than others. As for Skrtel being rated higher than JL? Be serious. Skrtel is a thug, nothing more. Check the previous pages of this thread. Skrtel has previous with our players and it has been noticed. Agger is a better player than him.

Man Cini said:
jimharri said:
taconinja said:

All fans have their own set of idiots.

-- Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:27 pm --

taconinja said:
carlos92 said:

He is not better than Lescott, no where near (93% tackles won rate I believe it was last season) we are past paying over the odds for rubbish like santa cruz, and if you sell him at 15 million, you would have sold him for more than twice he cost you 6.5 mil. If he is that good why did Liverpool finish below everton last season and lose to sides like fulham and wigan at the great fortress that is Klanfield. If you rate Skrtel so highly I would suspect you are over the moon to be signing Icelanic superstar Gylfi Siggurdson, along with the big name manager Brendan Rodgers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.