skrtels goal, offside?

Skashion said:
the-ecstacy-of-eight said:
Banter? Sorry, I didn't realise that was how you meant for me to read your comments mate, BUT to be honest I believe that it's your style of writing which seems to lose something between what you want to write and what people read; and calling people morons because they don't agree with your view/interpretation of an event isn't really banter is it? You see what I mean?
No banter in this thread, but this was: <a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=264126" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=264126</a> Presumably you've noted bellend calling me a patronising wanker and a knobhead. Calling him a moron in the midst of him calling me an idiot is not that harsh.

hardly suprising though given the tone of your first responses, your sole intention was to ridicule when surely just to ask where i was coming from would have been better, so go for it, answer the question i asked you a couple of posts back.

fathellensbellend said:
yes, but was he seeking to gain an advantage, and did he impact harts decision making?

all least the thread is a debate now, which was always the intention and moved away from some of the clueless responses. look at the picture on the thread, bearing in mind the ball has left skrtels head, and borini has potentially moved a fraction, there surely is a chance he is seeking to gain an advantage.
The ball hasn't left Skrtel's head. The screenshot is from before he headed it.

fathellensbellend said:
look at the picture on the thread, bearing in mind the ball has left skrtels head, and borini has potentially moved a fraction,

Only way to solve it is another pic of skrtel just before he heads the ball,see where borini is then...

I can relate to your argument mate but think you are wrong...

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
tyqmvko said:
fathellensbellend said:
it all boils down to whether borini was active?

It does, but when Skrtel heads the ball Borini is not interfering with Hart in any way, whether that be blocking his line of sight or making contact with him. If he was stood right in front of him like when the corner was taken, then yes it would be offside.

Perfectly put.
So the goal was legitimate.
End of thread.
I'm having a beer to celebrate.

not quite, was he 100% not seeking to gain an advantage.

Bullet header. When someone gets a run on the ball like Skrtel did it is imposible to stop. What I didn't understand why our back 3 were marking zonally, yet Kolarov was man marking Skrtel?

Skashion said:
Presumably you've noted bellend calling me a patronising wanker and a knobhead. Calling him a moron in the midst of him calling me an idiot is not that harsh.

Fair Play.

Still reckon your tone is sometimes a bit too authoritarian for what is generally just an opinion on a subject matter. No worries though, I'm not trying to make enemies here, just attempting to calm some of the waves.

The cookie monster said:
fathellensbellend said:
look at the picture on the thread, bearing in mind the ball has left skrtels head, and borini has potentially moved a fraction,

Only way to solve it is another pic of skrtel just before he heads the ball,see where borini is then...

thats fine mate, but are all goals given in this instance, not always to my mind, and borini standing where he was was certainlty attempting to gain an advantage.

i also think that because it was a brilliant header that flew in the net, it outweighed any potential offside, but for the whole passage of play borini stood offside playing a part in harts decision making.

its certainly a law i dont like, is not 100% consistent and is open to interpretation.<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:59 pm --<br /><br />
Skashion said:
fathellensbellend said:
yes, but was he seeking to gain an advantage, and did he impact harts decision making?

all least the thread is a debate now, which was always the intention and moved away from some of the clueless responses. look at the picture on the thread, bearing in mind the ball has left skrtels head, and borini has potentially moved a fraction, there surely is a chance he is seeking to gain an advantage.
The ball hasn't left Skrtel's head. The screenshot is from before he headed it.

ok, shall we start again, less aggression

The cookie monster said:
fathellensbellend said:

It would make no difference as to where Borini was before Skrtel headed it as you cant be offside from a corner. The moment Skrtel touched it Borini would have been called offside and the goal disallowed if he was interfering with the play. As Skash has already proven with the picture, he had no player around him, and was not involved with the goal, therefore the goal was allowed and is right.

It's pretty simple really, it just seems the OP is clutching at straws and digging a deeper hole trying to get out.

Feed-The-Goat said:
The cookie monster said:
fathellensbellend said:

It would make no difference as to where Borini was before Skrtel headed it as you cant be offside from a corner. The moment Skrtel touched it Borini would have been called offside and the goal disallowed if he was interfering with the play. As Skash has already proven with the picture, he had no player around him, and was not involved with the goal, therefore the goal was allowed and is right.

It's pretty simple really, it just seems the OP is clutching at straws and digging a deeper hole trying to get out.

and thats the arguement, by being where he was, was borini seeking to gain an advantage, by being beyond the last man, near the goal, it could be argued he was, and are ALL goals given in this instance, it could be argued not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.