Sky alternatives

I have virgin 30mb broadband with unlimited anytime phone for £25pm.
I paid £50 for an openbox and £5 a month for a card sharing sub which i've had for 2 years,also sorted the same deal for 6 friends with no complaints to date.
Forgot to mention i get every channel on the 28.2 astra(sky) satellite including 73 hd channels.
Only negative is i can't record with this budget box,although recording is possible with the more expensive boxes.

apple pie corner said:
If you have been with Sky a few years, phone up, say you want to cancel or, review your package, mention the fact that new customers have a -50% incentive & see what they say.

I did this the other week & am getting the full sky package inc HD at half price for £37 which I think is a fair price.

I had a look at what they`re offering at the moment and it`s only free broadband £7.50 a month with the sports package.

But I'll still give them a ring tomorrow any tips.

I`m getting full package at the moment, with HD, phone and another box.

If you insist on HD unfortunately Sky have it sewn up at the moment....

Sky sports, half the F1 and ITV 2,3 and 4 are all exclusive to Sky and those channels make up most of my viewing annoyingly.

I'm surprised Sky haven't been forced to let other providers sell their HD channels yet because its a serious ace up their sleeve in my eyes.

Here you go

<a class="postlink" href="http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/271175915471?var=lv&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y&cbt=y&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=66&ff19=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/27117591 ... =66&ff19=0</a>

I'm looking into getting Nilesat and/or Arabsat because I know from when I've been in Africa that these networks are seriously good for movie channels. Don't know if Al-Jazeera is a separate thing though, I've never seen it on those networks. The thing is for football, you want good signal. With non-European satellite it's always going to be patchy.

southern muppet said:
I'm looking into getting Nilesat and/or Arabsat because I know from when I've been in Africa that these networks are seriously good for movie channels. Don't know if Al-Jazeera is a separate thing though, I've never seen it on those networks. The thing is for football, you want good signal. With non-European satellite it's always going to be patchy.
Would live to do this but you would need a dish the size of Jodrell Bank

apple pie corner said:
If you have been with Sky a few years, phone up, say you want to cancel or, review your package, mention the fact that new customers have a -50% incentive & see what they say.

I did this the other week & am getting the full sky package inc HD at half price for £37 which I think is a fair price.

How long for mate?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.