Sky F1

Mclovin said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Mclovin said:
Can't remember the full details but the coverage in Aus is from the BBC, though next season since it's on Sky aswell they have to sort out a way to get that coverage. One of the races on Sky next season is the AUSGP FFS

BBC will still be there so they may still use that feed even if the UK viewers don't get it.

I know what you mean as a number of countries use the BBC's feed, but it'll work out anyway.
Yeah, read that in the papers. Just a tad bit worried lol. I really don't want to resort to streaming F1...

you should only be getting the race feed from the BBC if what I understood it as being from over here, so your broadcaster would just pick up another feed if the BBC wouldn't provide one next season.

as long as your broadcaster still has the contract for next season they'll be the ones to watch F1 on next season.

The Australian channel have already said coverage will be unaffected, they will just take the feed from whoever is broadcasting. Would be nice if they cut down the number of adverts though!

I dont get this with Sky is it going to be free to Sky Sports subs or a PPV type of thing. I feel for Sky its pointless didnt work out first time wont work out this time. Fair enough the bbc couldnt afford to keep it longterm but will still have half the races live during that time. When they show the races on the bbc it will beat Skys coverage viewers wise hands down.

Like others over here we take up the bbc coverage for the races here but with Sky being so big and in Ireland I can see them trying to take those races away from Setanta.

bbc have brought F1 coverage to the peak they are the best at doing F1 compared to others Sky have huge shoes to fill when they take over. Regarding stand alone stations apart from Horse racing it doesnt work. Warren and Boxnation will find out about that the hard way. I remember there was a golf station before showing the live American golf and it went tits up. There was golf on it every week but the viewers wont splash the cash on a stand alone station for F1.

Subbed Tskhadadze with Allsopp said:
The Australian channel have already said coverage will be unaffected, they will just take the feed from whoever is broadcasting. Would be nice if they cut down the number of adverts though!
They did!!! Fuck yes very good news

Sky have poached Martin Brundle to head the commentary line-up for Sky F1 races.

He will work exclusively for Sky alongside BBC 5 Live F1 Commentator David Croft, who will be joined by his 5 Live colleague and former F1 driver Anthony Davidson for practice sessions instead of Brundle.

Ted Kravitz will lead the pit reporting team with Natalie Pinkham from BBC 5 Live F1 joining him.

Sky's Rugby Union presenter Simon Lazenby will join Georgie Thompson to present whilst former ITV F1 host Steve Rider will conduct interviews with past & present F1 stars.

Sky F1 will be free to all SD viewers with the SS1 & 2 subscription and free to anyone with a Sky HD subscription.

The BBC are a joke spending too much money on F1, a sport that has only 2 competitors from this country. They have bailed out of horse racing, boxing and to many other sports to justify the amount they spend on F1.

Bluebee2 said:
The BBC are a joke spending too much money on F1, a sport that has only 2 competitors from this country. They have bailed out of horse racing, boxing and to many other sports to justify the amount they spend on F1.
The fact that they have bailed out of football almost completly apart from highlights is the biggest joke. They shouldn't be allowed to just give up on sports. England games, The FA cup, The League Cup all have gone in years past its a disgrace

Interesting topic for me as Im a huge F1 fan. Just a few facts about motorsport to the people who asked about it. The motorsport industry in UK is one of the biggest and most profitable in the world. Motorsport has loads of classes from F1 to Banger racing! Indy 500 in USA has crowd of 450,000 people for one event! Think its biggest one day sporting event, not sure though? Grand prix usually have 100,000 - 200,000 crowds for race. I can appreciate its boring to a lot of people, but each to their own. Yes Sky are making channel exclusive to F1, during none GP weekends probably put documentries on about f1 and old races etc. BBC are shit anyway cant afford to outbid anyone!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.