Sky harping on about FFP

Prestwich_Blue said:
Salford_Blue said:
Being a pedantic soul, shouldn't it be ratify, rather than rectify?
I think that's what he meant to say and that's another thing.

First they have to decide whether it's a related-party transaction and that will be a hard one to pin on us. Only then (if it is) can they apply a fair-value test, ehich again won't be easy. Even if it fails both of those, they can only disallow the amount they feel is excessive and, taking recent shirt and stadium naming deals into account, that couldn't be much more than £5m tops, even assuming this deal is really worth £40m a year.

Some plonkers think they can veto the whole deal.

Yes I meant to say ratify.. my bad.

Now I hear Villas-Boas has described our transfer policy as unfair! Does this idiot realise he's managing a club that has done exactly the same thing as us to get to where they are?

Taylor said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Salford_Blue said:
Being a pedantic soul, shouldn't it be ratify, rather than rectify?
I think that's what he meant to say and that's another thing.

First they have to decide whether it's a related-party transaction and that will be a hard one to pin on us. Only then (if it is) can they apply a fair-value test, ehich again won't be easy. Even if it fails both of those, they can only disallow the amount they feel is excessive and, taking recent shirt and stadium naming deals into account, that couldn't be much more than £5m tops, even assuming this deal is really worth £40m a year.

Some plonkers think they can veto the whole deal.

Yes I meant to say ratify.. my bad.

Now I hear Villas-Boas has described our transfer policy as unfair! Does this idiot realise he's managing a club that has done exactly the same thing as us to get to where they are?

Blind fucker he is. Mind you Torres has been all but invisible for the £50m

Sky's reaction to City signing Aguero...
beaker1-o.gif

It's funny because the day that we announced the deal they got a financial expert on hoping he would slate our deal, he went on to say it was great business and a fantastic move by City, they didn't show the interview again all day.

This guy says there could be something wrong with it and they show it time after time.

Clear agenda.

The Goat 10 said:
It's funny because the day that we announced the deal they got a financial expert on hoping he would slate our deal, he went on to say it was great business and a fantastic move by City, they didn't show the interview again all day.

This guy says there could be something wrong with it and they show it time after time.

Clear agenda.

Yep... It annoys me that they never put Chelsea under the microscope with the FFP rules they'll struggle to comply in my book!

But they'll just get a sponsorship deal worth a billion and no one will bat an eyelid!!......

I for one am sick to death of all these hypocrites around football at the minute.

So we have money (lots of it) and so we pay massive wages, but the way I see it, is that all we are doing is what every other top 4 team has done since 92/93 when the premiership first started.

It all comes down to one thing - JEALOUSY!!

I noticed earlier its not taken long for Villa Boas at Chelsea coming out and saying that its unfair that City have so much money to buy new players! take a look at your boss mate, he isnt short of a few bob is he!!

Rant over anyway!!!!

On a happier note, Aguero is going to be an amazing player and good luck to him for the new season........

CITY TILL I DIE

waspish said:
The Goat 10 said:

Clear agenda.

Yep... It annoys me that they never put Chelsea under the microscope with the FFP rules they'll struggle to comply in my book!
And the difference between us and Chelsea is that they've been at the top for a good few years yet still make a loss because of their wage bill. Last published results show turnover of just over £200m with a loss of just under £70m. Their wage bill is around the £170m mark I think, much higher than ours.

They can't earn much more without a move to a new stadium whereas we can increase our revenue significantly.

Prestwich_Blue said:
waspish said:
The Goat 10 said:

Clear agenda.

And the difference between us and Chelsea is that they've been at the top for a good few years yet still make a loss because of their wage bill. Last publsihed results show turnover of just over £200m with a loss of just under £70m. Their wage bill is around the £170m mark I think, much higher than ours.

So why don't the media EVER SAY anything about it?

We should email shitesports and talkshite and just point it out!

The Goat 10 said:

Clear agenda.

All this 'fair value' shite is nonsense. The value of something is a judgement made by a buyer and it involves more than just the price paid. Some idiot has just paid about £70,000 on a bottle of wine, does that represent fair value? Is Torres worth £10 million more than Carlos? I would say not but Chelsea thought otherwise. Is the price of a pint in London better value than one bought in Manchester? We all know the answer to that one.

It's about time that UEFA woke up and smelled the coffee. Football these days is big money and people and organisations from across the globe are looking to grab themselves a piece of the action, even chicken magnate's!!!

As my mate said to me only last week..."I'd give anything to play for City"....nuff said".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.