Sky - Mané Red card poll (official appeal rejected)

I feel like if Ederson cleared the ball with his feet and mane went through him studs up shin high there would be less debate about it being a red? Surely catching him in the head should be deemed worse whether accidental or not?

You don't go for the ball with studs up, out and at the head height of a close proximity player.

Red cards don't get any more red than that.

If the positions were reversed and our guy did theirs in the same way I'd hope we wouldn't be kicking up a fuss.

I feel like if Ederson cleared the ball with his feet and mane went through him studs up shin high there would be less debate about it being a red? Surely catching him in the head should be deemed worse whether accidental or not?
You're right, i don't know how there's even a debate about this, it was a flying, studs-up kick to the head.

Generally enjoy Neville's commentary and analysis, but thought he was a disgrace today. No fucks given about the welfare of Ederson either, just going on and on about no intent.

Meant it, didn't meant it, eyes on the ball or eyes on the keeper, nice guy or not nice guy, against a midfielder or a goalie, these are all irrelevant.
The only thing that matters is that he had two feet off the ground with one at head height crashing studs first into another players face. Red card.

Firstly, glad ederson is OK. He showed great ability and balls of steel today for us.

Second, and I know most already agree it was red, but by the rule book it is endangering an opponent. He has to go. If ederson comes out, kicks high and missed the ball but whacks the opponent, he'd be off for either of dangerous play and denying a clear goalscoring opportunity.

I'm surprised it has caused so much debate to be honest. Yes, it changed the game, but it hardly spoiled it for the neutral I would argue. If anything, blame Mane for making the challenge. If he'd perfected it he'd have scored, he didn't and he almost caused a fractured skull. Not malicious, but certainly dangerous.

Sky poll so all of Norway and Malaysia currently voting to say it wasnt a red pmsl.

Most red card offences aren't deliberate. They're usually mistimed or misjudged tackles eg Fernandinho against Burnley
This point have been conspicuously overlooked by the same pundits who wouldn't have the bollocks to ever say on live TV that a player had deliberately injured a fellow pro. The doublethink that goes on in their minds really is a sight to behold.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.