Sky sports news

andyhinch said:
peoffrey said:
Anyone who hasn't heard renditions of "who's the faggot in the pink?" from certain blocks of our ground hasn't been to a match. It's a common chant aimed at an away fan or two. I'd welcome 3 season bans for any Scrote bellowing it at the top of their voice as it's disgusting, ignorant, puerile, offensive homophobia in its purest form.

That's aimed at Corky1970, he deserves it.

Do you crack jokes about racism too? Or sexism? Hate crime in general? I fully expect the psuedointellectuals amongst us to wade in and use terms like "post-modern" or "ironic" to try and justify their use of terms like "gay" to describe their disdain for something or someone.

I find it hard to believe that there isn't an openly gay person in their family or place of work / study. I'd include friends too but they probably won't have too many.

The news item had some pretty serious implications it's not just about homophobic chants, it's about online abuse of players and other fans.

The problem as I see it is what counts as abuse and what counts as banter?

peoffrey said:
andyhinch said:
peoffrey said:
Anyone who hasn't heard renditions of "who's the faggot in the pink?" from certain blocks of our ground hasn't been to a match. It's a common chant aimed at an away fan or two. I'd welcome 3 season bans for any Scrote bellowing it at the top of their voice as it's disgusting, ignorant, puerile, offensive homophobia in its purest form.

That's aimed at Corky1970, he deserves it.

Do you crack jokes about racism too? Or sexism? Hate crime in general? I fully expect the psuedointellectuals amongst us to wade in and use terms like "post-modern" or "ironic" to try and justify their use of terms like "gay" to describe their disdain for something or someone.

I find it hard to believe that there isn't an openly gay person in their family or place of work / study. I'd include friends too but they probably won't have too many.
Being honest I've never really noticed it might just be the people you sit with.

andyhinch said:
peoffrey said:

Being honest I've never really noticed it might just be the people you sit with.

Just keep on with this. You're burying yourself.

Ducado said:
The news item had some pretty serious implications it's not just about homophobic chants, it's about online abuse of players and other fans.

*Hastily deletes all my tweets to Ferdinand*

Ducado said:

'just a bit of banter', last resort to excuse all kinds of abuse. Definitely going to be a problem if stewards/police get involved.

Ducado said:

And this is why it would be extremely difficult, sadly, for a player to come out, because it would then go from banter to out and out abuse. Like Le Saux, for example. He isn't gay but the rumours were as such but only because he was different to most other footballs - i.e. intelligent and articulate. Fowler had a problem with that and we know what happened there. Fans calling Le Saux a 'fucking puff' for a dodgy tackle was an extreme form of banter based on those rumours. Say Le Saux had come out as gay though and that same tackle goes in, it then goes to out and out abuse of his sexuality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.