SKY tv fixtures - any news on release date?

The initial Championship matches for TV have been announced already. I don't see what the hold up is with the Premiership ones.

There is no way on this planet we will kick our season off at 3 bells on a Saturday...

it's an absolute joke that it takes this long to sort out. I emailed the Premier League about it yesterday but have not had a reply. Those of us that go to games matter less and less each year. They couldn't give a stuff about the real fans.

This Monday morning ;)

Delays for finalising TV fixtures and match orders have been due to policing arrangements for the fixtures.

Boston said:
it's an absolute joke that it takes this long to sort out. I emailed the Premier League about it yesterday but have not had a reply. Those of us that go to games matter less and less each year. They couldn't give a stuff about the real fans.

What is the problem for you? i.e. How will Saturday lunchtime or early evening make any different to 3pm?

Do you work weekends or something?

reddishblue said:
City v Swansea 12:30 Saturday lunch time.

12.45? We opened the season away at Spurs last time round. Can't someone else do it?

Would love just to have a 3pm kick-off, it's traditional! They were supposed to be released "later this week" which to me meant today or yesterday. Can't understand what the delay will be. The police are involved in the "random" process of fixtures so why does it bother them if they have to police the game a few hours earlier or later/a day (2 days) later?

peoffrey said:
Boston said:

What is the problem for you? i.e. How will Saturday lunchtime or early evening make any different to 3pm?

Do you work weekends or something?

This is a big issue when booking away travel.. Cheap train fairs are out 12 weeks in advance....cant book same till sky have announced matches. We can get sheff to london on train for about £26 in advance, however nearer the time the price increases to £60. The cheap travel makes away matches just about affordable. This may also be an issue for blues living long distances from manc who attend home games for same reason.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.