sleep

i work nights so im a bit different to most.

work 4 nights a week. but the days usually overlap so i will work like 6 nights in a row etc. generally get to sleep about 9.30am wake up between 5.30 to 6.30 after the first night. then generally about 7ish the other nights, as i adjust. no alarm just wake up naturally.

then on my days off, naturally feel tired about 11ish. get about 9 hours again.

on my last night shift, when i start my days off, i usually have 3 hours and that will last me all day.

3-5hrs sleep normally worked irregular hours for 15 years, I worked day/evening/night shifts so never had a regular sleep patten, and even though I work set day shifts now have never got out of the routine.

I have to get up around 4am for work during the week and I'm lucky if I get four hours sleep. I tend to go bed around 9pm-9.30pm but can never sleep no matter how tired I am. The more desperate for sleep I am the more I can't sleep and end up watching the hours go by, getting more frustrated by the minute which keeps me awake. Over 3 years I've done this shift for and I've never ever got used to it.
By the end of the week I feel ill and like a zombie. I then spend half my weekend in bed sleeping just to catch up for lost time. Only for Monday to arrive before I know it, and it all starts again. :-(

FuZzY said:
I have to get up around 4am for work during the week and I'm lucky if I get four hours sleep. I tend to go bed around 9pm-9.30pm but can never sleep no matter how tired I am. The more desperate for sleep I am the more I can't sleep and end up watching the hours go by, getting more frustrated by the minute which keeps me awake. Over 3 years I've done this shift for and I've never ever got used to it.
By the end of the week I feel ill and like a zombie. I then spend half my weekend in bed sleeping just to catch up for lost time. Only for Monday to arrive before I know it, and it all starts again. :-(

Fuzzy try this:-
361996b.jpg

When I was doing shifts similar to you I had the same problem, mate suggested this tea and it really does work.

PS I do not work for clipper tea!

itsnevereasy said:
FuZzY said:

361996b.jpg

When I was doing shifts similar to you I had the same problem, mate suggested this tea and it really does work.

Thank you, but I have tried it. Actually it does help a little. I need to get some again.

usually have around 7-8 hours nowdays... but earlier in life I could manage with 5-6 hours and then had a sleep day with like 12 hours...

what really have helped me in latter years to get a much better sleep is that I dont drink any coffee after 2 o'clock in the afternoon most days I have a cup after lunch but nothing in the evenings... its not that I cant sleep after coffee but the sleep gets better quality from it... i feel more relaxed and dont get such a restless sleep that I had earlier... and my snoring has almost all gone away... only with lots of alcohol then I snore alot

FuZzY said:
itsnevereasy said:
FuZzY said:

361996b.jpg

Thank you, but I have tried it. Actually it does help a little. I need to get some again.

I use 3 tea bags in one cup, I have some weird fucking dreams when I have it tho.

itsnevereasy said:
FuZzY said:
itsnevereasy said:
361996b.jpg

I use 3 tea bags in one cup, I have some weird fucking dreams when I have it tho.

Really? I might just try stewing all 20 tea bags in one mug then. Ta for your advice

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.