Slipping

Plain Speaking

At several key moments last night several of our players slipped over. Was there any issue with inappropriate boots/studs or just a loss of balance back pedalling or changing direction? Any thoughts?

I don't know what boots Vincent Kompany wears but i think he's been slipping over or losing his balance a lot throughout the start of the season. And i did notice Milner and Balo slipping on two occasions each.

Not just City players going over; I guess the pitch must have played a part.

Balo was on his arse every 5 minutes.

I was certain they'd be changing their studs/boots at half time as it was happening all the time. Doesn't look like they did though.

It was obviously the pitch, the amount it was cutting up last night was unbelieveable and every movement brought a chunk of grass out of it. Probably to do with it being based on sand?
Both sets of players were doing this, but obviously as Napoli play there more often they have adapted to how the pitch is to be played on. But the pitch isn't really an excuse about the loss.

Blue Haze said:
This happens to us in every game, seemingly more than other clubs. I noticed at Trafford we were slipping all over the place while they weren't.

Interesting. We know that bacon face banned bladed studs in his squad around the time that the thug Keane broke his foot in 2005 after someone accidently studded him wearing blade studs. They've been blamed for metatarsal and knee injuries- metatarsal from these stamping incidents (although this could be due to use of thinner materials/ bad support) and knee injuries from the stud not giving during a fall and sticking in the turf.

So 2 questions:

I haven't played in bladed boots, they came onto the market after my playing days. What are they like when the surface is slippy with some give compared with normal length metal studs?

Do we allow them at City?

danburge82 said:
I don't know what boots Vincent Kompany wears but i think he's been slipping over or losing his balance a lot throughout the start of the season. And i did notice Milner and Balo slipping on two occasions each.

This ^^^^^

Bookies should start spread betting when Vinny will slip during his game. And they are errors which are creating goalscoring opportunities too, and potential red cards.

danburge82 said:

But Vinnie was wearing different boots yesterday to what he normally wears!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.