Slovan Bratislava (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

Bit frustrating

But .. rotated players, no injuries and hardly any effort required.. so good night overall

I honestly think a league two or national league team would have given us a better game

Won 4-0, should have been 7-0 but for the width of the woodwork. Bit messy and rushed in places but think that was down to the lads trying one-touch stuff against a team who had no shape whatsoever. Happy for McAtee, Gundogan, and Phil - three players who needed goals and got them tonight.

I had to work so I couldn't watch live but it was good to see Weiss still at it. I remember his goal against he Gooners in the League Cup, I thought he was gonna be a player.

Think we have equalled his Rags team for games being unbeaten in the CL. Pretty sure i heard this simewhere
We did, but Ferdinand wasn’t having it as he said we lost to Real last year. Laura Woods put him right that it was a draw. Joleon said nowt

Bit of an over reaction there mate. Our corners have been gash for 18 months now and given we get so many they could be a decent weapon. That opinion ok?
Over reaction on my behalf are you fucking kidding ,in fact are you even a blue ffs ? we won with a second team away in Europe with players coming back ,No your opinion is utter shite go and support the shite team down the road fucking corners ffs look at the big picture look at where we are ffs over entitled fuckwits everywhere .

Fuck me.

Tell you what, however pointless we think it is, it wasn't to their fans, they fucking loved having City in their town. They were all over Grealish at the end. Kids in awe of seeing Haaland, Pep and the boys. Smiling throughout, waving us off when the buses left the ground.

22,500 sell out, all as passionate as fuck, without being all pseudo hardmen types.

We're the main men in Europe nowadays, so give them their day in the spotlight.

Jesus Christ.

Some right fucking miserable cunts on here, fuck knows what they were like in the match thread.

A huge win away from home without some of our key players, how expectations of this team have been raised when Blues complain so early in the season, even though we know how Pep works?

Not checked but are we anywhere near 13th?
Mate, I watch football to be entertained & tonight was as far away from that as I could've ever imagined.

Bratislava probably set out to score a goal, & keep our goal tally below double figures. In that respect, they will have achieved their objective.

This match wasn't a good advert for competitive football. It's supposed to be the Premier European football competition, but this game was anything but.

We did what we had to do & got the job done comfortably without injuries or bookings, but if this is the way forward for the CL, it'll soon be in deep, deep dudu.

It would be better if it was 16 top teams playing home & away, with the top 8 going through to a knockout phase. The problem is there isn't enough room to accommodate all the European legacy clubs who want a piece of the pie, so bollocks like tonight was dreamt up to try & keep everyone happy & involved.

It's the controlling European elite who fail to qualify through their league positions, who're stopping the CL from being something worthy of the name. City can only play the hand we're dealt, but we might as well have played the Dockers Arms pub in England, & helped global warming by not having to fly anywhere.

Tonight was not entertaining, & it's not City's or Bratislava's fault, it's UEFA & the old G14. Fuck knows where European football goes from here, but from what I've seen so far, the spectre of the Super League is very much present.

Fuck me.

Tell you what, however pointless we think it is, it wasn't to their fans, they fucking loved having City in their town. They were all over Grealish at the end. Kids in awe of seeing Haaland, Pep and the boys. Smiling throughout, waving us off when the buses left the ground.

22,500 sell out, all as passionate as fuck, without being all pseudo hardmen types.

We're the main men in Europe nowadays, so give them their day in the spotlight.

Jesus Christ.
Interesting observations mate. On telly it was interesting to see them all smiling and enjoying it around the bench later on. When Weiss was subbed he was really emotional and tearful for some reason which backs up your words about their pride and passion.

I haven't watched it yet as I am in China visiting my son. When he wakes, we will watch it together. I am pleased we won, and pleased at the scoreline, and then I come here and read some of the negativity and think how undeserving some are to be City fans. Nothing to do with the perfectly valid comments on the format of the tournament, but in the spitting criticism of certain players and misery because it wasn't seven or eight. Perhaps it's because I've been watching since the early seventies and appreciate every win, or perhaps it's just that I'm not an entitled goon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.