Slowest ever?

Some of these looked like they were wearing clogs. But then who was the quickest? (can't start a separate thread as new on here.)

Aytoun said:
Captain would have to be Gaz Baz Back Paz.
This , he looks like he has a ton of bricks on his back. He can't run properly either it's more of a brisk waddle.

choppermcfc said:
Simon Colosimo was the first person I thought of for some reason...
Colosimo_large.jpg

Not as slow as his namesake!<br /><br />-- Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:12 pm --<br /><br />
taleofbluehalves said:
Wasn't there a player who worked on his running style to get quicker? Vaguely thought it was Adam Johnson?

You either have pace or you don't. No amount of training can make you run faster, sure carrying less weight might help but your natural pace is what it is. Thankfully pellegrini likes a bit of pace whereas Mancini seemed to detest it!

Anyone who watched the class City side of the mid-seventies will remember with horror the name of Jimmy Conway, by far the slowest professional footballer I have ever seen. His lack of mobility was only hightened by the fact that Tony Book said that he'd bought him "for his extra yard of pace". He cost a princely £30,000 which would have been better spent demolishing and replacing the Gents at the foot of the Kippax steps. Mercifully he only played 13 times over 18 months before buggering off to Portland Timbers. He wasn't missed.

Always thought Stephen Jordan was very slow for a young lad and I don't think David Seaman would of been that quick out of the blocks

For those of you on here who are old enough to remember him, Freddy Hill, looked about 90, and always seemed to be running in concrete with a full Fridge on his back.

taleofbluehalves said:
When Pearce bought in Bernardo Corradi he must have brought in the slowest forward to our slowest forward line I can remember. Had he brought back Rick Holden we could have had snails to race them. Was Corradi the slowest we've had?
Paul Futcher for me. Had the turning circle of an ocean liner. We spent good dough on him for the time and he didn't improve a team that were competitors for honours. He ended up having a long career in the lower leagues but top flight pace found him out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.