Smacking to be outlawed in Scotland

Is spanking one of the big problems in Scotland these days?

Millennials...they just need to be understood!

One wonders how the world survive for thousands of years with naughty, and openly defiant kids, getting a spank?

I’m sure Scotland will improve immeasurably now. Can’t hardly wait! No more cunts in Scotland...brilliant!

The Scots could do it the American way and simply shoot their kids if they step out of line.

I've never slapped or hit my lad in 18 years, but there have to be instances where it's proportionate and reasonable - perhaps when the child has done something dangerous which they need warning away from.

To place gentle but firm chastisement on a par with criminal assault is wrong imo. There has to be a line, albeit a very low one, below which it is acceptable e.g. Grabbing the child when they are misbehaving towards another, or carrying them to their room against their will when they won't go to bed - both of which would ordinarily constitute common assault

I live in Scotland and have 4 kids, 2 of them grown up now and 6 year old twins.

A light smack on the bottom has always been a tool used as a last resort and it will continue to be used in such a way if needed regardless of any ban introduced.

The world has gone mad with protections already in place to prevent obvious abuse and physical harm to a child without sweeping legislation like this that does nothing but criminalise literally Millions of parents throughout the UK when its taken up by England and Wales as well in the race to be seen as PC "right on".

slapping is a pointless exercise,

i use a Taser now, no whinging they just drop straight to the floor,works a treat ,or if your out and about and the kids are playing up a sneaky taser and just claim the kids have epilepsy you can get out of paying for meals as well,even if they are behaving shoot the taser under the table,hey presto free meal as you have to rush them to hospital ;)

Smacking a child is bad..really bad, but lobbing a bit off its sexual organ or forcing it to chant from a book written by fanatics 2000 years ago is fine and dandy.

To discipline as I see fit yes , there's already laws to see it doesn't become abuse .

'As one sees fit' is the problem. We can be glib or facetious or whatever, but outlawing violence against innocents would probably be a good thing. There are plenty of ways to discipline kids that do not involve smacking.. I'm not saying it can't be justifiable in certain circumstances by the way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.