Smart TV's, recommendations please

No idea mate. It's only as smart as the operator. ; )

The picture is great and you have to be careful with still images getting burnt in.
It's probably the least "smart" thing that I own and I include my claw hammer in that. : )

I use a firestick to make it smart.
The one i had was supposed to be top of the range when i bought it, the picture was decent but the OS was god awful. Are they still reliant on external servers to deliver stuff like netflix? worse than Apple for trying to lock the system down

Me and just last week my daughter have had jvç tv's go bang after just over a year.

Common problem it seems. Never had a JVC. If you want to save money on a TV and pick up a "value offering", just check out the cheaper brands that supermarkets sell and check their reliability online first.

LG and Samsung.

Bullet proof.

Our first slim techy TV was an LG 15 years ago. We then bought a small Samsung for the kids bedroom. When we upgraded the main TV, we bought a 42 inch Sony which went pop after 6 months. The replacement Sony lasted 9 months.

We will never sway from LG and Samsung now.

Common problem it seems. Never had a JVC. If you want to save money on a TV and pick up a "value offering", just check out the cheaper brands that supermarkets sell and check their reliability online first.
Got a Philips in front room (great pic but nowt smart about it) £299 and an old lg in footy room still going strong after 6 years.

The before sales isn’t so good either.
I went in for a pc monitor a couple of week ago. None in stock at all of any brand.
You have to order online to collect from the store a few days later. Similarly I wanted a new fridge, none in stock and that was pre covid.
AO.com is your friend and probably cheaper

Me and just last week my daughter have had jvç tv's go bang after just over a year.
If you bought it from Curry's Pc World

alexander.baldock@dixonscarphone.com is the CEO and his P.A was on the ball at ensuring i got a decent service befitting of such a prominent retail outlet of electronic equipment.

As i understand it you should reasonably expect a tv from a renowned company to last in excess of 3-5 year minimum so you should expect to be able to have it fixed or replaced free of charge

If you bought it from Curry's Pc World

alexander.baldock@dixonscarphone.com is the CEO and his P.A was on the ball at ensuring i got a decent service befitting of such a prominent retail outlet of electronic equipment.

As i understand it you should reasonably expect a tv from a renowned company to last in excess of 3-5 year minimum so you should expect to be able to have it fixed or replaced free of charge
Baldcocks Pa and his side kick Connor blew me out with cut and paste waffle appertaining to resposible usage of an OLED TV. I can without fear of reprisal say that Currys Knowhow's after care were as much use as a chocolate teapot. In keeping with beheamoth conglomerats their left hand simply did not know what their right hand was doing as I was mercilessly passed from pillar to post by a gaggle of inept sausauges.

Before our TV debacale I bought a washer from them and their knowhow team came up to fit and plumb it in. I asked the chap to be proper carfeful as we had just layed new cushion flooring but he nonchelently grinned at me and said "down here for dancing lad" .. his words of reassurane made me feel I was in the hands of a consumat professional : /

Just as he was about to slide it back in situ I offered him some cardboard but he knowingly tapped his nose and proceeded to squeeze Fairy Liquid over our floor in wanton abandonement. I went in the lounge and told the wife all was well and a short while later he scuttled off until I saw the big rip to the cushion floor and so pegged it outside to remonstrate.

He knew what he had done and we had to claim against them for new flooring and re plumbing of the washer unit. Speak as you find but we wont use them again after spending a year running their legal advocate Hardeep Rauli through Little Burnley Court to seek assemblance of Justice for our TV. I wouldn't so much as buy a plug of them nowadays.

Escalation letter to CEO

Dear Mr Baldcock, please find a chronological attachment of all emails we have sent to your organization. Your company have uplifted our Television twice and your customer service agent verbally promised us on the xx to effect repair by replacing it's panel that was authorized by your management team.

Your Know-how team said it had been repaired on your online portal's pie chart but sadly it was returned late unrepaired and in a dirty condition. Your customer service staff on many occasions close down our calls even transferring us to unrelated departments and when we attempt to initiate a call each operative has to be told the full circumstance as their screens carry scant information even with reference numbers tendered.

Would it be possible as the head man of Curry’s group that you can investigate the issue and look into the overall treatment of our complaint. We are long standing customers of yours and should be receiving much better service. Sorry to trouble you.

Yours sincerely:
Gunny

Dear Gunny,

Thank you for your email addressed for the attention of our Group Chief Executive Mr Baldock. As a member of our CEO Support Team, your email has been passed to myself to investigate and respond.

I'm sorry to learn of the issue you have reported with your LG TV and not getting a suitable response from our Customer Service Team when you have emailed them. Due to the service you have received, I will be looking to supply feedback to our Customer Service Management Team with the intention that action is taken to help further improve our service.

In terms of what has been found while your TV was in for repair with us, you have initially reported an issue with a line being across the screen. When your TV was assessed at our Repair Centre it has been found that there is screen burn present. The type of screen you have is known as an OLED, these are sometimes known to develop screen burn depending on how you watch your TV. There can be factors that cause it such as watching the same programme for long periods with bright vibrant colours being displayed like a banner or logo showing. LG and other manufacturers do advise that this is not covered under their warranty as your TV could have been used outside the normal viewing conditions. It states in your user manual under the safety instructions that displaying a still image for a prolonged period of time may cause image sticking, this is also refereed to as image retention and screen burn.

While I understand the circumstances behind your complaint, I'm sorry to advise that we will not be looking to cover your TV under the extended warranty, as this situation does not comply with its terms and as a result it has been returned to you. This is despite you being advised it would be repaired by xxxxx. You do have the right to seek further advice with any third parties if required moving forward.

I trust this offers an explanation to the matter but if you do require any further information then please don't hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,
Connor

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.