Smashed phone screen

Re: Smashed phone screen

Does anyone know anywhere that can look at the headphone jack for me and advise whether it needs replacing? I've got a nice pair of headphones that play up on my iPhone 4s but not on other devices. The sound is intermittent. Ideally a free diagnosis before a good repair job at a fair price.

Thanks.

Place in droylsden facing royal oak pub will repair it same day

If it's iPhone 4/4s, you could replace it yourself cry easily. I have done 4 myself(clumsy mates)
You get the replacements from eBay -
Screen - £20-25
Back - £5-10
Speakers - £3 -5
Earpiece - £2-3
Headphone jack/power button - £3-5

The screens come with all the screwdrivers that you will need to do the job and YouTube is your friend when it comes to a demo vid. After I watched it first time it was ridiculously easy, just a bit fiddly. Anyone charging £50-100 quid for a screen change is a robbing twat.

toby said:
Just dropped my branded new phone and smashed the screen anyone know where I can take it to be repaired there and then ??

I buy my front screen from ebay for £16.99 and my mate who works in a phone shop charges me £10

Skashion said:
Is it an iPhone by any chance because I rarely ever see an iPhone without a cracked screen. They seem to break very easily.

True.<br /><br />-- Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:08 pm --<br /><br />
LongLang said:
If it's iPhone 4/4s, you could replace it yourself cry easily. I have done 4 myself(clumsy mates)
You get the replacements from eBay -
Screen - £20-25
Back - £5-10
Speakers - £3 -5
Earpiece - £2-3
Headphone jack/power button - £3-5

The screens come with all the screwdrivers that you will need to do the job and YouTube is your friend when it comes to a demo vid. After I watched it first time it was ridiculously easy, just a bit fiddly. Anyone charging £50-100 quid for a screen change is a robbing twat.

How long, in total, did it take you?

I dropped my S4 last year and there was no way I was getting it done without keeping the warranty, my house hold insurance covered mine but carphone warehouse do it and keeps your phones warranty but not cheap....

Skashion said:
Is it an iPhone by any chance because I rarely ever see an iPhone without a cracked screen. They seem to break very easily.
I'm going 4/11 .

I rang the Apple shop in the Trafford centre and they couldn't tell me how much a new screen would cost not even a rough estimate !!

Don't they sell you a new phone for £100+ now? I dropped mine on to concrete last summer and they wanted silly money. An Asian fella in Ilford did it for £40 there and then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.