Smoke & Mirrors

Nice post...

for a Rag! (Sorry it has to be done)

But seriously nice work, interesting and well written opinion... some of the muppets who think the words "Hughes Out!" are worthwhile reading could learn a thing or two from you.

Welcome Blue.

Im not really bothered about Kaka dont get me wrong if he were to come to us, great he's a fantastic player on his day, but if he doesnt or we are not even in for him, then Im fine with that too, our progress is going well, there are a multitude of options out there and to be fair He would be very hard pushed to be in the top 3 players in the world anyway, we should set our sights higher ;o)

welcome and good post.

i too think that the Kaka saga has still got a few twists and turns in it yet.

however echoing the sentiments of a few i am not that arsed whether we get him or not, there are plenty of big names who are on the move this summer and they can't all go to Chumps league clubs - we will definitely get 1 or 2 and they will be when we cut a deal as to not up the bid on a certain player in exchange for a free run on someone like Eto'o for example (allowing Barca free run at Villa).

going to be fun whatever.

supermankrypton said:
Alright, I'm new on here.

My point is this: Garry Cook has been out and about in Europe developing relations with the top clubs - Milan, Real, Barca - and this has been going on for months. The club have been saying that this is to improve our profile and cement our position as real contenders in the market. There can be no doubt that the money the Sheikh is worth - and more importantly, the power he has in the Middle East region - will turn a lot of heads in the football world. Perhaps the biggest head this will turn is Berlusconi's. Berlusconi is not just the gaffer of A.C. Milan - he's the Italian P.M. And more than that: this man has more fingers in more pies then Mr. Holland. His other main interests are insurance, real estate and banking. We all know what a greedy slimeball he is. Italians hate him. I'm willing to bet that Berlusconi is far less interested in Kaka's destination than he is in keeping his head above water in politics and banking. In January, Milan had no intention of selling Kaka to anyone. It was nothing more than a public relations exercise to test the water for the inevitable departure of Milan's superstar. They wanted to ease the news in gently so that when it does happen, Milan fans will be more resigned to losing him. Real, despite their recent announcements, will not get both Kaka & Ronaldo. Only one will do to appease Real fans. That is Ronaldo. The talks in Jan were indeed about Kaka moving to us, and I reckon these have been ongoing, behind closed doors, since then. The smoke and mirrors exercise continued with City lodging serious bids for the likes of Eto'o and Henry (again, prob ongoing for months). There's a possibility we've been enquiring about Pato as well. Let's not forget: for politicians and bankers, money talks.

I think there really IS more to come from the Kaka affair - we may not get HIM, but we could well get the others. I reckon Cook and the boys have been on a massive blag mission across Europe. We might be new to competing with the 'big boys', but Cook, let's remind ourselves, is responisble for Nike being one of the most massive global franchises on the planet. I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

I may be wrong, I may be clutching at straws here, but I reckon there's a LOT more to come, and perhaps sooner than we all think!!!

Eto'o and Tevez are in the bag, I reckon. Dzeko is certainly realistic. Perhaps the superstar we want reall is Kaka?????

Sorry for rambling on
Oh no you don't RAG.

supermankrypton said:
Alright, I'm new on here.

My point is this: Garry Cook has been out and about in Europe developing relations with the top clubs - Milan, Real, Barca - and this has been going on for months. The club have been saying that this is to improve our profile and cement our position as real contenders in the market. There can be no doubt that the money the Sheikh is worth - and more importantly, the power he has in the Middle East region - will turn a lot of heads in the football world. Perhaps the biggest head this will turn is Berlusconi's. Berlusconi is not just the gaffer of A.C. Milan - he's the Italian P.M. And more than that: this man has more fingers in more pies then Mr. Holland. His other main interests are insurance, real estate and banking. We all know what a greedy slimeball he is. Italians hate him. I'm willing to bet that Berlusconi is far less interested in Kaka's destination than he is in keeping his head above water in politics and banking. In January, Milan had no intention of selling Kaka to anyone. It was nothing more than a public relations exercise to test the water for the inevitable departure of Milan's superstar. They wanted to ease the news in gently so that when it does happen, Milan fans will be more resigned to losing him. Real, despite their recent announcements, will not get both Kaka & Ronaldo. Only one will do to appease Real fans. That is Ronaldo. The talks in Jan were indeed about Kaka moving to us, and I reckon these have been ongoing, behind closed doors, since then. The smoke and mirrors exercise continued with City lodging serious bids for the likes of Eto'o and Henry (again, prob ongoing for months). There's a possibility we've been enquiring about Pato as well. Let's not forget: for politicians and bankers, money talks.

I think there really IS more to come from the Kaka affair - we may not get HIM, but we could well get the others. I reckon Cook and the boys have been on a massive blag mission across Europe. We might be new to competing with the 'big boys', but Cook, let's remind ourselves, is responisble for Nike being one of the most massive global franchises on the planet. I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

I may be wrong, I may be clutching at straws here, but I reckon there's a LOT more to come, and perhaps sooner than we all think!!!

Eto'o and Tevez are in the bag, I reckon. Dzeko is certainly realistic. Perhaps the superstar we want reall is Kaka?????

Sorry for rambling on
Oh no you don't RAG.

Good post OP. I find it strange how a few months ago we wanted him and now we apparently don't. There again, the football world moves very quickly these days and what you wanted yesterday is probably not what you want today. But Hughes himself said that when quality players become available then we have to be interested - Kaka is available now it would appear, and the next time he becomes available might be 3-5 years time.

Good post, but you didn't mention Berlusconi's media interests. I believe he owns 80% of Italian media, he's the Murdoch of Italy. A large part of ADUG's plan is to promote their country to the rest of the world, and to promote themselves as second-to-none business men. There was a very good reason they bought in Cook, he knows how to turn Man City into a world famous brand. Signing big names is a part of establishing that brand and ultimately giving ADUG a global media platform.
People who talk about Man city ruining football with big money signings are idiots. CL football is coveted by every club because of the money as much as the spectacle. That 'other' club made £90 mil from the CL last year. The league table and a table of PL clubs revenues is scarily similar, and more than anything it reflects future positions. Our new signings understand this.

The prospect of signing all these fantastic players is mouth watering for any city fan. I read that Daily Mail article last night and literally couldn't sleep for hours thinking about how exciting next season is going to be. But when all is said and done the PL is about big business, billionaires haven't got involved for a laugh. Super rich investors and massive investments is the reality of the PL,when you acknowledge this you start to realise what an excellent position City are in.

Good post, but you didn't mention Berlusconi's media interests. I believe he owns 80% of Italian media, he's the Murdoch of Italy. A large part of ADUG's plan is to promote their country to the rest of the world, and to promote themselves as second-to-none business men. There was a very good reason they bought in Cook, he knows how to turn Man City into a world famous brand. Signing big names is a part of establishing that brand and ultimately giving ADUG a global media platform.
People who talk about Man city ruining football with big money signings are idiots. CL football is coveted by every club because of the money as much as the spectacle. That 'other' club made £90 mil from the CL last year. The league table and a table of PL clubs revenues is scarily similar, and more than anything it reflects future positions. Our new signings understand this.

The prospect of signing all these fantastic players is mouth watering for any city fan. I read that Daily Mail article last night and literally couldn't sleep for hours thinking about how exciting next season is going to be. But when all is said and done the PL is about big business, billionaires haven't got involved for a laugh. Super rich investors and massive investments is the reality of the PL,when you acknowledge this you start to realise what an excellent position City are in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.