Sneijder (continued)

Re: Gazzetta: Sneijder completes €36m move to City (continued)

BlueJill said:
Perfect. We give them Tevez. United don't get Wes and with the Tevez (and Ade, SWP, and Ned) money, we get Lavezzi, Mata and Nasri and end up with a net spend of around 25 million pounds for the entire window. I just don't see why this isn't happening. Makes perfect sense to me...what am I missing?

because football doesn't work like an all-star team. You. Can. Not. Have Nasri, Lavezzi, Mata, Silva, Johnson, Dzeko, Balotelli, Aguero to compete for 3 or 4 spots, rotation or not. Does. Not. Work.

oakiecokie said:
BlueJill said:
Blue Haze said:
Eto'o looks nailed on to join Anzhi, so I think Sneijder moving is out of the question unless Moratti wants a fan revolt and mid-table status.

He will have a hard enough time coping with the loss of Eto'o.

Perfect. We give them Tevez. United don't get Wes and with the Tevez (and Ade, SWP, and Ned) money, we get Lavezzi, Mata and Nasri and end up with a net spend of around 25 million pounds for the entire window. I just don't see why this isn't happening. Makes perfect sense to me...what am I missing?

a few brain cells ?? ;)

Fair enough (I did enjoy losing them) but still, why isn't this happening? What a fucking window that would be:

Clichy
Savic
Aguero
Mata
Lavezzi
Nasri

for 30-35 million.

When Nasri played centrally for Arsenal he was terrible. The majority of his time at Arsenal he was played wide, and that's where all of his best games came from. He was an attacking midfielder during his time at Marseille but his performances in the PL when central have shown that he is not capable of playing there, and he should be used as a winger.<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:54 pm --<br /><br />Lavezzi is shit, nobody who has seen him play regularly would want him at this club, especially not if he was accompanied by the likes of Nasri.

Andouble said:
BlueJill said:

because football doesn't work like an all-star team. You. Can. Not. Have Nasri, Lavezzi, Mata, Silva, Johnson, Dzeko, Balotelli, Aguero to compete for 3 or 4 spots, rotation or not. Does. Not. Work.

Absolutely wrong. At 60 games a season you need 3 players for every 2 spots. That makes 40 starts per player which is a good avg. Johnson is not a starter so scratch him from the list. At that point we will finally have the depth to play the best in the world twice a week.

Many on this board are expecting two big signings (e.g. Nasri and Sneijder). Considering Tevez is still in the squad how is that different from what I am suggesting?

Sucre said:
When Nasri played centrally for Arsenal he was terrible. The majority of his time at Arsenal he was played wide, and that's where all of his best games came from. He was an attacking midfielder during his time at Marseille but his performances in the PL when central have shown that he is not capable of playing there, and he should be used as a winger.

I completely disagree, Nasri was by far at his best in the centre when Fabregas was injured. When Fabregas played he was pushed outside and went missing in games.

20sbc07 said:
Sucre said:
When Nasri played centrally for Arsenal he was terrible. The majority of his time at Arsenal he was played wide, and that's where all of his best games came from. He was an attacking midfielder during his time at Marseille but his performances in the PL when central have shown that he is not capable of playing there, and he should be used as a winger.

I completely disagree, Nasri was by far at his best in the centre when Fabregas was injured. When Fabregas played he was pushed outside and went missing in games.
Well you're completely wrong then.

20sbc07 said:
Sucre said:

+1

BlueJill said:
Andouble said:
BlueJill said:

Absolutely wrong. At 60 games a season you need 3 players for every 2 spots. That makes 40 starts per player which is a good avg. Johnson is not a starter so scratch him from the list. At that point we will finally have the depth to play the best in the world twice a week.

Many on this board are expecting two big signings (e.g. Nasri and Sneijder). Considering Tevez is still in the squad how is that different from what I am suggesting?

all other top teams deal with it. You see no other team in the world be able to bring on 4 of those names off the bench any which game like you are planning to do.

It would take two weeks when we play big games that Mancio makes a chance or two to upset the ranks. You need players who know their roles. 25 million pound world superstars don't sit on the bench every other game. Please, I know we are the world's richest club, but let's get a big realistic here.

-- Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:07 pm --

20sbc07 said:
Sucre said:

I'd assume Nasri would mirror the role that Silva plays. He will play right wing as much as Silva plays left wing; not an entire lot.

You lot really do have such a shit knowledge of football.

Andouble said:
BlueJill said:
Andouble said:

all other top teams deal with it. You see no other team in the world be able to bring on 4 of those names off the bench any which game like you are planning to do.

It would take two weeks when we play big games that Mancio makes a chance or two to upset the ranks. You need players who know their roles. 25 million pound world superstars don't sit on the bench every other game. Please, I know we are the world's richest club, but let's get a big realistic here.
I am being realistic. Answer the question: How is Tevez, Nasri, and Sneijder fundamentally different from Lavezzi, Nasri, and Mata?

Bobby has said he wants 4 strikers. If Tevez goes that is Lavezzi. He also said he wants a CM and Winger. That is Nasri and Sneijder.

Are you saying you do not believe we will sign a CM and Winger in the next three weeks?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.