How do we resolve the Brexit mess?

Green crap, burn it.

We know that Mogg thinks there is nothing wrong with setting an end date when all European laws automatically lapse, which inevitably will lead to a load of things not getting fixed, or brinkmanship of awful options as the deadline approaches.

He can call it an oven-ready deal and then blame those voting the awful options down for the outcome. It's just vandalism for profit.
Are there any EU directives protecting cats and dogs? Scrapping them should help people realise it's a shit show

A major problem, among both Brexit Tories and the far-Left is they want the world to be as they would like it to be, and refuse to deal with it as it is. That attitude essentially cuts your legs off. The equivalent is being the one kid in the primary school class who doesn't want to play football. It gets you nowhere, it just means your football skills don't develop. We all (as individuals or nations) have to make concessions to reality - or exist as hermits.
I'm not surprised he doesn't want to play football if he's got no legs. Or doesn't get anywhere.

Are there any EU directives protecting cats and dogs? Scrapping them should help people realise it's a shit show
Think most EU directives are around farmed and lab animals with the stuff on pets being more to do with travel etc.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the new AHC for travel is so complex to complete that vets are charging stupid amounts to effectively price themselves out of the market so they don't have to do them.

You're right that stuff that impacts Fido or Tiddles will get most traction but I imagine the stuff that will really fuck us up over time will be binning off legislation that is designed to maintain the safety/integrity of the food chain.

This was all so predictable that many of us did actually predict it. ‘Project Fear’ was, of course largely true.

So, does anyone still think Brexit's a winner? Outside the delusional / gaslighting / trolling Tory party?

So, does anyone still think Brexit's a winner? Outside the delusional / gaslighting / trolling Tory party?
The way I see it is we (the leave idiots) have chosen to plunge us all into misery while they learn from their mistake. Hopefully it won't take too much more pain before we are able to as a nation admit we were wrong, apologise to the EU, and God willing be allowed back in. I'd suggest a second referendum, but I'm just not sure the majority of the British public can be trusted with democracy anymore or the rest of us suffer.

The way I see it is we (the leave idiots) have chosen to plunge us all into misery while they learn from their mistake. Hopefully it won't take too much more pain before we are able to as a nation admit we were wrong, apologise to the EU, and God willing be allowed back in. I'd suggest a second referendum, but I'm just not sure the majority of the British public can be trusted with democracy anymore or the rest of us suffer.
I'm happy that you've finally seen the light and admitted that you've been a big silly.

This was all so predictable that many of us did actually predict it. ‘Project Fear’ was, of course largely true.

And this is before we start (if we ever do) having the required border and customs checks required by brexiters and under WTO rules.
Those would be an ‘act of self-harm’ according to one of the avid brexiteer mouthpieces.
So if you think it’s bad now………….

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.